• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Apple 'failing to protect Chinese factory workers'"

Collapse

• original PM
    replied
    Typical corporate bullsh!t

Spouting rubbish to make hipsters feel good about themselves and boost sales but then dummy spitting when it is called out to be a crock of tulip.

And wtf is this good making me gay is a gift bollox - God does not give a foook where you stick your c0ck sonny - and neither does anyone else.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    "I consider being gay among the greatest gifts God has given me"
    Lol. That's weird.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Damn right, you can see I hit the pub at about 4 from the weekend thread.

But I stand by every post. You don't have to dig deep to see Tin Cook lecture everyone about what they should be doing in their life and demanding his ethics be placed on everyone else. Sanctimonious twunt.

He either has not read the bit in the bible about Sodom and Gomorrah or he thinks he's as good or better than god, I suspect both.

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Yes, given Apple's rhetoric, I can see why people take particular issue with it. It also tends to attract the hipster crowd. Wonder if this will make them stop consuming Apple products.

TBF, I love the iPhone.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Few sherbets last night Minnie?
    Damn right, you can see I hit the pub at about 4 from the weekend thread.

But I stand by every post. You don't have to dig deep to see Tin Cook lecture everyone about what they should be doing in their life and demanding his ethics be placed on everyone else. Sanctimonious twunt.

He either has not read the bit in the bible about Sodom and Gomorrah or he thinks God is wrong, I suspect both.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Few sherbets last night Minnie?

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    As soon as someone questions Tim's factories...

BBC News - Apple 'deeply offended' by BBC investigation

Self righteous ****** twunt.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Tom Cook has a lot to say about equality...

Apple CEO Tim Cook Speaks About Fight for Equality and Human Rights - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Tim Cook has a lot to say about gay rights...

Apple CEO Tim Cook Gives Remarkable Speech on Gay Rights, Racism | TIME.com

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Don't worry Tim Cook has his aim right in the sight here.

Video: Apple CEO Tim Cook faults Alabama for lack of gay rights - Telegraph

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Apple are..

Apple's Tim Cook Says New Headquarters Will Be 'Greenest Building On The Planet'

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    db post
    Last edited by minestrone; 20 December 2014, 02:19.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    apple are...

BBC News - Apple 'deeply offended' by BBC investigation

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Tim Cook seems to be upset tonight.

I bet he is.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    At the end of the day, if there were better options then those workers wouldn't be there. So you can boycott apple products, and see those workers unemployed. Or protest for higher prices, and see only some of those workers unemployed, or carry on as normal and see those workers freely choose what is best for them under the circumstances.

Complaining about it while enjoying the 21st century western lifestyle that an advanced economy brings, with the support of less advanced economies' labour, stinks of hypocrisy to me. If you really cared you'd be living the life of a monk while donating your surplus to the several billion less fortunate across the world.

I don't care. I know that the best thing you can do for those workers in the long run is to keep consuming, and making those factories profitable.
    For the obtuse, we all agree labour abridge happens but Apple made certain promises which they never held to.

You are obtuse not to take up that point.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X