• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Seige in Sydney

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Seige in Sydney"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by centurian View Post
    Just seen it on Sky News - many shots did they fire to take down one guy.
    loads probably. they probably had a few square centimetres to go for, visible skin or eyes, just in case he is wearing a bomb vest or carrying grenades in his pockets.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I find these group hug style social media campaigns quite cringing.
    Minnie needs a hug.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Crash , Bang Whallop.

Australian Special forces bust the joint.

I wish some one would start a hashtag #Ilove linzCochiees
    Oh yes. The good old days like the Iran Embassy siege.

These days they are not allowed to use live ammo. They can only shout crash, bang, wallop. Its human rights you know.

Leave a comment:

• centurian
    replied
    Just seen it on Sky News - many shots did they fire to take down one guy.

Reminds me of Private Eye article after the SAS took out three IRA members on Gibraltar.

Q : "Why did you shoot him 16 times"
    A : "Ran out of bullets...."

Sadly one hostage killed...

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    The self-styled Muslim cleric was described by his former lawyer as an isolated figure.

He must have been an IT contractor

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Crash , Bang Whallop.

Australian Special forces bust the joint.

I wish some one would start a hashtag #Ilove linzCochiees

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I find these group hug style social media campaigns quite cringing.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Russia Today have spent the last hours criticising Australia foreign policy in the middle east. That channel if absolutely fruitloop.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
    Is it deplorable/despicable? I suspect the 'utter horror' unfolding is probably rather dull at the moment, and will hopefully end without any 'horror' at all.
    'Despicable rubberneckers'

An opinion piece in the Herald Sun attacks what it calls the "despicable rubberneckers who took selfies and socked back beers and wine while they gawked at the Martin Place siege 100 metres away."
    "Lingering just so you can tweet a pic of yourself to your mates, or worse to grab a few coldies and settle in to watch the utter horror unfold like it's a movie at the cinema, is just deplorable," it adds.
    Says the Herald Sun whose photographer has just returned grumblng that the best spots had been grabbed by 'rubberneckers'...

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    The Gunman is identified as Man Haron Monis,

Siege hostage taker identified as Man Monis, Man Haron Monis was convicted in 2013 over offensive letters he wrote to families of dead Australian soldiers and was charged with sexual offences in October relating to his time as a self-proclaimed "spiritual leader".

Martin Place, Sydney siege gunman identified as Man Haron Monis

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    Yeah, whatever.
    This guy was clearly causing trouble in Iran and was known to AUS police.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
    Does appear to be that way.
    Yeah, whatever.

Leave a comment:

• NorthWestPerm2Contr
    replied
    I had to go to Russia Today to get the live feed.

Apparently this is all Australia's fault.
    Does appear to be that way.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I had to go to Russia Today to get the live feed.

Apparently this is all Australia's fault.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    2 folk dead.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X