• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Reservoir 'biggest in 25 years'"

Collapse

• Swamp Thing
    replied
    Originally posted by Andyw
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5343646.stm

Only thing is ....how are they gonna fill it when there is a hose pipe ban
    Dunno about that, but I'm sure our homegrown terrrorists will think of something to fill it with. Big project + loads of publicity = juicy target.

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    That might be an idea. Direct all London's sewers into it. Then clean the water up when it is extracted. Pretty much what happens with the Thames anyway isnt it? Only one set of water treatment plant to bother with. Instant billions cost saving.

Leave a comment:

• Homer Simpson
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    And I'm going to do a sh1t in it.
    Mmmmmm...chewy....

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Flubster
    Couldn't care less. At least it's near enough for me to take my speedboat for a spin.
    And I'm going to do a sh1t in it.

Leave a comment:

• Flubster
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    This huge lake the biggest built in the UK in 25 years, holding 150 million cubic metres of water right.

900 million litres a day being lost through leaky pipes under the streets of London.

That means London alone leaks nearly 1% of the reservoirs capacity each day.

And yet TW are allowed to make huge profits and push prices through the roof.

Fecking joke.
    Couldn't care less. At least it's near enough for me to take my speedboat for a spin.

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    This huge lake the biggest built in the UK in 25 years, holding 150 million cubic metres of water right.

900 million litres a day being lost through leaky pipes under the streets of London.

That means London alone leaks nearly 1% of the reservoirs capacity each day.

And yet TW are allowed to make huge profits and push prices through the roof.

Fecking joke.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Why don't we teach immigrants to drink seawater instead?

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    started a topic Reservoir 'biggest in 25 years'

Reservoir 'biggest in 25 years'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/5343646.stm

Only thing is ....how are they gonna fill it when there is a hose pipe ban

Working...
X