• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Record cut in Scotland's carbon emissions"

Collapse

• BlasterBates
    replied
    GWPF Welcomes Non-Binding And Toothless UN Climate Deal | Watts Up With That?

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    BBC News - Arctic sea ice volume holds up in 2014

So looks like AGW is over...

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Venus would be good. Greenhouse gases are a big problem there, so tremendous scope for raising taxes.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    We really need some way of cutting the population back. Any chance of ebola amounting to anything?
    I rather we terror-form Mars and get this party started.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    We really need some way of cutting the population back. Any chance of ebola amounting to anything?

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    It always helps to pepper it with a good, healthy dose of alarmism.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    World set for climate disaster, say activists, as Lima talks falter | Environment | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    Great news… for the stock market to make money from carbon trading. Gloabal warming, a tax raising, money making scam.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Lima climate change talks reach global warming agreement | Environment | The Guardian

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    "Renewable energy in Scotland is doing exactly what it was designed to do - creating jobs, securing our energy supplies and, most importantly, reducing our carbon emissions to help limit climate change."
    See when I put a plug in a socket I don't want to create jobs, secure energy supplies or cut energy emissions. I want a flow of electrons and I want that at the cheapest price I can get. The Scottish government think that they can manipulate the requirements of households and businesses to be provided with electricity to create jobs. With each passing day Scotland turns into Cuba.

I unfortunately stay close to the biggest wind farm in Europe, it is monstrosity.

Leave a comment:

• pjclarke
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    Phew, thought you were being serious for a moment, now I see you were jesting.

because we all know that water vapour is the big greenhouse gas. don't we ?
    CO2 is a bit player

you did know that ? right ?
    Water vapour is indeed a powerful greenhouse gas and the largest single contributer to the greenhouse effect that keeps our planet habitable.

However, for a given temperature any water vapour added to the atmosphere simply precipitates out in a matter of days or weeks. CO2 and other manmade GHGs persists for decades and centuries. We've increased CO2 concentrations by 40% since pre-industrial times ...

What do you suppose happens to the concentration of water vapour, that powerful greenhouse gas, that remains in the atmosphere if it warms? Maybe a warmer atmosphere retains more water vapour, which enhances the greenhouse effect, which warms the atmosphere, which ...

For a moment there, I thought you were being serious ...

Here's the science:-

http://www.researchgate.net/publicat...803c95f4000000

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Oh go on I'll raise me glass.

Can we have our goal posts back please....

Last edited by BlasterBates; 12 December 2014, 20:19.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Well then I might just consider raising a wee dram at the New Years to the Scots for providing a secure supply of whiskey to the English

Change the topic fast. Makes me homesick.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    Not at Christmas Time. That's an English thing. We raise our glasses and toast absent friends at New Year.

Well then I might just consider raising a wee dram at the New Years to the Scots for providing a secure supply of whiskey to the English

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Sometimes you can't see the landscape at all:

London air pollution 'worst in Europe'
    Yes, I can see all that CO2 pollution in that photograph. Very murky stuff indeed that CO2, that god we are all paying a fortune for some foreign energy company to push a windmill round and blow it all away.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X