• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "oh dear: London houses too expensive says Chelsea's £130,000 a week man"

Collapse

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    And I lived in that Grade I listed building with 9 bedrooms...
    Did you? That would be a coincidence. I can't remember the door number, but I think it was a big one, about 535. I didn't know it was listed or how many rooms, but it was a lot.

I believe the IT firm moved out years ago. EPP they were called.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    And I lived in that Grade I listed building with 9 bedrooms...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by Lucifer Box
    I lived in Kings Heath for nigh on 20 years. Dr Lucifer diagnoses Wendy's problem as too many pickled eggs and pork scratchings.
    On the Alcester Road, about a mile north of the Maypole, is a small parade of shops with a baker just off the main road. That's where I copped it. I used to work in a converted house opposite.

Leave a comment:

• Lucifer Box
    replied
    I lived in Kings Heath for nigh on 20 years. Dr Lucifer diagnoses Wendy's problem as too many pickled eggs and pork scratchings.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I am not interested in that at all...
    I once worked for several months in Kings Heath. I got the worst sh1ts I've ever had in my life there. My landlady was not amused! urg!

I blame the pies at the baker's over the road.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    You can get chocolate spiders there.
    I am not interested in that at all...

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Yeah they have a big ground next to the factory - they covered whole area with very strict bylaws so it is impossible to change things, Harborne is doing similar thing albeit one step below Bourniville's protection level (can't mind what it's called).
    ISTR it was a bit leafy, quite a pleasant part of the city.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    Never go there, only when I pass it in car - what's so special on it?
    You can get chocolate spiders there.

Leave a comment:

• wonderwaif
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    They do a lot of uphill gardening there.

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by DimPrawn
    Are you spending a lot of time up the Bournville Boulevard these days Alexei?

Leave a comment:

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Are you spending a lot of time up the Bournville Boulevard these days Alexei?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by wendigo100
    I played footy against Bournville back in the eighties. Is the ground still there, Alexei? Next to the chocolate factory as I recall.
    Yeah they have a big ground next to the factory - they covered whole area with very strict bylaws so it is impossible to change things, Harborne is doing similar thing albeit one step below Bourniville's protection level (can't mind what it's called).

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    I played footy against Bournville back in the eighties. Is the ground still there, Alexei? Next to the chocolate factory as I recall.

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Might be my wife's auntie. I wondered what she did for a living !

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    Went to a nice lady masseuse in Edgbaston. Did lots of the famous cricketers but not being into cricket I forget the names. Therepeutic massage for injuries (I had pulled a muscle*) that is, not the nudge nudge wink wink sort. She must have been 70 at least.

*Oh shutup

Leave a comment:

Working...
X