• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How tulip does the new Star Wars look?"

Collapse

• tractor
    replied
    New new trailer.....

Excellent.... Back to Alderaan....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RV5W...yer_detailpage
    Last edited by tractor; 19 December 2014, 16:18.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Ah, one of the sword masters gives his opinion on the new light sabre:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5h6...D4DSTA&index=1

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Yet another cash in

NSFW

https://www.etsy.com/uk/listing/2072..._home_active_1

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    Link broken
    Thanks, try again.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hG_MJWGSZDQ&list=UUxrd1I7wmE2chwpoqD4DSTA& index=2
    Link broken

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5h6...D4DSTA&index=1
    Last edited by MyUserName; 4 December 2014, 13:06.

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Doesn't do it for you then?
    Ooo-err missus!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by hyperD View Post
    Looks promising – no sign of any stuffed Henson muppets which is good. Bit worried about the Borderlands equivalent of Claptrap on there but definitely can see touches of the Abrams gravitas in there which is good.

Although she's a more mature and interesting woman nowadays, I think I'd still like to see the delightful Ms Fisher in some skimpy space attire. Or her daughter at least.

Doesn't do it for you then?

Leave a comment:

• hyperD
    replied
    Looks promising – no sign of any stuffed Henson muppets which is good. Bit worried about the Borderlands equivalent of Claptrap on there but definitely can see touches of the Abrams gravitas in there which is good.

Although she's a more mature and interesting woman nowadays, I think I'd still like to see the delightful Ms Fisher in some skimpy space attire. Or her daughter at least.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by DaveB View Post
    At the basic, pointy end towards the bad guy, swing it and try and chop bits off while they do the same level, no nothing has been lost. What has been lost is are the skills and training that would let a Jedi turn anyone else not trained to the same level into a pile of diced pork on the floor without breaking sweat. The equivalent of putting you or I into a boxing ring with a professional boxer. You know how to punch someone, but you'd still get mashed by a pro.
    This. In the six films, you see very different fighting styles adopted to suit the individual - Yoda has more of a problem fighting Palpatine than Mace Windu does, for example, because of their differing styles (if you read the book, it explains exactly why Mace can do better than Yoda or any other Jedi); Qui-Gon fails against Darth Maul yet his apprentice (with a very different style again) manages to win.

So the core ability of "swing, hit" hasn't been lost - the loss has been the ability to adapt the fighting style to the individual, since there have been no true Jedi about for a while to do that.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    If you trained to fight with a light sabre like that you would instinctively not cut yourself with the cross guard I suppose but for the amount of protection it offers against another light sabre you might be better off not bothering and using one of the normal ones. I don't use two handed swords with big cross guards unless I am wearing a helmet. I have a habit of hitting myself in the side of the head with the bloody things.

I have trained someone to fight with a light sabre once, it is quite fun and a bit different to a real sword.

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by sirja View Post
    There's got to be a USB Stick somewhere out there in the Galaxy with a file 'How To Build a light sabre.doc'. I am sure it's in Yoda's shack on Dagobah
    Back on Tatooine apprently in old Obi-Wan's hut.

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    They have to build the lightsabers too though, and that becomes a bit of a lost art.
    There's got to be a USB Stick somewhere out there in the Galaxy with a file 'How To Build a light sabre.doc'. I am sure it's in Yoda's shack on Dagobah

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A lightsaber is a sword. We haven't forgotten how they work, why would they?
    At the basic, pointy end towards the bad guy, swing it and try and chop bits off while they do the same level, no nothing has been lost. What has been lost is are the skills and training that would let a Jedi turn anyone else not trained to the same level into a pile of diced pork on the floor without breaking sweat. The equivalent of putting you or I into a boxing ring with a professional boxer. You know how to punch someone, but you'd still get mashed by a pro.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    A lightsaber is a sword. We haven't forgotten how they work, why would they?
    They have to build the lightsabers too though, and that becomes a bit of a lost art.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X