• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Riots in Ferguson..."

Collapse

• stek
    replied
    Sums up the Septics and their lurve of guns.....

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I also know where you can get a pair of air Jordans for half price... Slight fire damage ;-)
    I don't want two left feet.

Leave a comment:

• GlenW
    replied
    Is today Blacker Friday in Ferguson?

"Come and buy the stuff the looters left behind!"

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    People need to eat!!
    I also know where you can get a pair of air Jordans for half price... Slight fire damage ;-)

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    I know people who have had their court cases in the news and I personally saw the evidence and/or the case. Therefore I don't believe anything retold in the news especially in newspapers.

Do I believe the guy was completely innocent? - nope Do I believe the police officer was telling the truth? - nope

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Apparently one of the few buildings still standing in Ferguson is the KFC.

Fried chicken anyone?

;-)
    People need to eat!!

Leave a comment:

• original PM
    replied
    Apparently one of the few buildings still standing in Ferguson is the KFC.

Fried chicken anyone?

;-)

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    Interesting piece:
    The inconvenient (and tragic) truths | New York Post

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    And that it isn't consistent with forensic evidence.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    I think there was an issue with 'had his hands up' and 'had his hands up in a submissive surrender' people equated the two but in practice they are not the same.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    This is quite interesting, not sure if it proves anything though...

What do the newly released witness statements tell us about the Michael Brown shooting? | PBS NewsHour

Had another look at this, the vast majority of witnesses said Brown had his hands up when shot, the Officer didn't answer the question or wasn't asked (which seems odd). He must have been asked, so is it fair do say he offered no response?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by stek View Post
    I've lost track of the number of coppers I've had a ruck with in the late 70's at the match, suppose in USA I'd have been pumped full of lead. It was good-natured stuff, some lads had knives (Stanleys) but all they got was an equal kicking and/or some hosepipe work.
    Yep, a truncheon on the shoulder or back hurts like heck, but it's not disabling, just makes you want to burst the f**ker. Sadly, in the US, if the perp *might* have a weapon, or *might* be a threat and the culture in the police is to take zero risk there is only one choice.

someone asked above about the instant risk assessment. They are trained not to make one. If the risk is anything above zero , they will shoot

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by MyUserName View Post
    Don't forget that he was unarmed! Because a pumped up 20 stone man simply cannot hurt you without a weapon.

When I got into a brawl with a night club bouncer in Portsmouth a few years ago. I remember thinking I woke up in the car park after having my head stamped on "good job he was unarmed or I might have been hurt!".
    I've lost track of the number of coppers I've had a ruck with in the late 70's at the match, suppose in USA I'd have been pumped full of lead. It was good-natured stuff, some lads had knives (Stanleys) but all they got was an equal kicking and/or some hosepipe work.

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
    What evidence did the jury not consider that it should have? Also, unless you have evidence that the forensics in question were flawed, I see little reason to discount them. I don't tend to trust the police or the government but that is irrelevant to whether the officer is guilty of anything. What video evidence there is of Brown shows that he's a rather repulsive thug. His oh so concerned family, even worse.
    Don't forget that he was unarmed! Because a pumped up 20 stone man simply cannot hurt you without a weapon.

When I got into a brawl with a night club bouncer in Portsmouth a few years ago. I remember thinking I woke up in the car park after having my head stamped on "good job he was unarmed or I might have been hurt!".

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    What evidence did the jury not consider that it should have? Also, unless you have evidence that the forensics in question were flawed, I see little reason to discount them. I don't tend to trust the police or the government but that is irrelevant to whether the officer is guilty of anything. What video evidence there is of Brown shows that he's a rather repulsive thug. His oh so concerned family, even worse.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X