• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "I can see clearly now"

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Milliband is a poor leader of his party.
    His policies are not only union-driven, they are incoherent.
    He does not acknowledge that his party mismanaged the economy, suggesting he'd do it again.
    At best he is a mediocre performer in public.
    The public rate him very lowly.
    His shadow ministers are hardly plausible.

But the political landscape means that he could become our Prime Minister in May.

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    I really like Andy Burnham. He seems to lack the tw@t gene that is moreorless universally present in prominent MPs.

Leave a comment:

• DiscoStu
    replied
    Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
    Let's hope Miliband survives until the general elections as it will mean a certain defeat for Labour
    Indeed, the unions have done us all a favour voting for Weird Ed instead of his brother.

Leave a comment:

• Eirikur
    replied
    Let's hope Miliband survives until the general elections as it will mean a certain defeat for Labour

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Ed balls is a cnt

well, he would be, except he lacks warmth and depth

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    The fooking pies are fooking old
    The fooking chips are fooking cold
    The fooking beer is fooking flat
    The fooking flats have fooking rats
    The fooking clocks are fooking wrong
    The fooking days are fooking long
    It fooking gets you fooking down
    Evidently CUK

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
    For situations like this, why can't someone invent glasses with little battery operated windscreen wipers?
    because God didn't make the little green apples
    and it dont rain in Indianapolis in the summer time

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
    I can see all obstacles in my way.
    Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind ...
    For situations like this, why can't someone invent glasses with little battery operated windscreen wipers?

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by quackhandle View Post
    Would his brother not give it another go?

Remember reading a few of political commentators at the time said he should have been him and not the "Union Boy".

qh
    He's not an MP, and would need to take a massive pay cut to be tempted back from International Rescue.

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    Would his brother not give it another go?

Remember reading a few of political commentators at the time said he should have been him and not the "Union Boy".

qh

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
    Balls.

I think all the other senior Labourites are happy to let Milliband lose this one, and are already targeting 2020 when they might have a chance.
    Are you suggesting my statement was wrong, or offering the name of an alternative?

Alan Johnson is the most credible, but he's ruled himself out, and he'd never be allowed to forget the VAT / NI mix-up as shadow chancellor.

Chuka Umunna is probably their best bet, but for the following election, assuming Labour don't get into power this time.

Leave a comment:

• VectraMan
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    There is no credible candidate to replace him.
    Balls.

I think all the other senior Labourites are happy to let Milliband lose this one, and are already targeting 2020 when they might have a chance.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    There is no credible candidate to replace him.

And they won't use up a third of the run up to the election in a leadership contest.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    started a topic I can see clearly now

I can see clearly now

I can see clearly now the rain is gone.
    I can see all obstacles in my way.
    Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind

but I can't see Milliband lasting till the end of the year

Working...
X