• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Debt bint is back

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Debt bint is back"

Collapse

• Mailman
    replied
    At least change the f8cken name of the restaurant!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    I thought it was meant to be in Hell?

Are we letting Chico organise it?

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by Pondlife
    I think we've found a venue for the CUK xmas party.
    I thought it was meant to be in Hell?

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    Originally posted by interested
    Well, I'm thinking of going there at lunchtime and gorging myself on the most expensive food and wine on the menu - when the bill comes I'll offer them a 6 month payment holiday and a vague promise to pay it one day, plus maybe I'll tell them that I thought I could afford it when I walked in.

I think we've found a venue for the CUK xmas party.

Leave a comment:

• Captain Jack
    replied
    Ah, the prestigious ukonline web address.

Leave a comment:

• interested
    replied
    The Restaurant

Well, I'm thinking of going there at lunchtime and gorging myself on the most expensive food and wine on the menu - when the bill comes I'll offer them a 6 month payment holiday and a vague promise to pay it one day, plus maybe I'll tell them that I thought I could afford it when I walked in.

Perhaps also she could spend some of her first 'pay packet' (FFS - she's meant to be a contractor!) on a web design course.

I'm not sure what makes me more angry, her crass stupidity or the BBC for giving the clueless idiot a platform.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "'I first went to Julian ten years ago when I was in my mid-20s. I needed someone willing to demystify things for me. Now I wouldn't make a financial move without asking for his help.' "

Given her inability with all things financial, if I were Julian I would try to have that comment removed.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Looks like this stupid woman has been stumping up and paying the banks penalty charges...no mention of the fact they are unlawful or whether she got the money back?

Useless twat!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    Originally posted by sparklelard
    Oh no - final thought, what a pity

Leave a comment:

• interested
    replied
    Originally posted by sparklelard
    Did a quick search on her name, it seems she is universally despised across the web.

This also caught my eye:

Clickety-click

She's obviously a complete and utter feckwit with a taste for self publicity. Her and the BBC make a good fit.

So this would appear to be the restaurant. I notice she's also crap at written English and has gone for the 'Highest Number of Commas in One Sentence' world record - see third paragraph.

Restaurant
    Last edited by interested; 18 October 2006, 08:57.

Leave a comment:

• sparklelard
    replied
    She's Back! - For a Final Thought

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/6047542.stm

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Andyw
    unfortunately I have, Chase Manhattan, and the experience still haunts me to this day ! <shudder>
    I did 6 months there in 98 (London). I knew a few contractors in Bournemouth who stayed for years. It wasn't what I'd call high pressure, but I took a lower than usual rate for the name on my CV, and when renewal time came I got a much better offer. What were you doing?

Leave a comment:

• sparklelard
    replied
    Ladies please - let's have a timeout!

Leave a comment:

• Andyw
    replied
    Originally posted by AtW
    The money in my personal account were fully cleared of taxes, this includes income tax, employee NI and also employer NI paid by my ex employers - big companies. There can't be any clearer money and to suggest somehow IR would try to take my personal cash that is unrelated to Ltd is just FUD.

Anyhow, I don't give a crap how you arrange your personal affairs - if you choose to spend your money and not to have any cash in account, that's fine - your choice, but not mine and no reasonable person would want to live without safe knowledge of enough cash to last years in case of emergency - loss of contract, illness or anything.

you're a cash timebomb !

Leave a comment:

• AtW
    replied
    The money in my personal account were fully cleared of taxes, this includes income tax, employee NI and also employer NI paid by my ex employers - big companies. There can't be any clearer money and to suggest somehow IR would try to take my personal cash that is unrelated to Ltd is just FUD.

Anyhow, I don't give a crap how you arrange your personal affairs - if you choose to spend your money and not to have any cash in account, that's fine - your choice, but not mine and no reasonable person would want to live without safe knowledge of enough cash to last years in case of emergency - loss of contract, illness or anything.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X