• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Hollywood baby!

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Hollywood baby!"

Collapse

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    Pop across to Star City and watch a film. Assuming of course, that you are in fact in Birmingham.
    Went to Venice Beach before heading down.

Saw the Venice Beach freakshow. Bearded lady. Wolf boy. America's shortest man. All possible dates for you Mary to be honest.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied
    Pop across to Star City and watch a film. Assuming of course, that you are in fact in Birmingham.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    In that case, just stay as far away from downtown as you can Maybe head down Santa Monica Boulevard, through West Hollywood (Sunset Boulevard), towards Santa Monica (it's quite nice around the UCLA campus too, also not far from Beverly Hills). As you've probably already noticed, driving in LA is a PITA. Hollywood is a bit crap TBH...sort of like Mount Rushmore - you wish you hadn't bothered.
    Cheers. Decided to head down to Venice beach for a stop off. Take part of the route you suggest.Then wend my way down to the coast to La Jolla which is my final destination. Also bet tell the hire car company I'm going to drop their car off 700 miles away :-)

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by MarillionFan View Post
    I was aiming for Santa Barbara for some reason I decided not to book the room at the hotel I wanted before I left and when I got there it and every other one was sold out.
    In that case, just stay as far away from downtown as you can Maybe head down Santa Monica Boulevard, through West Hollywood (Sunset Boulevard), towards Santa Monica (it's quite nice around the UCLA campus too, also not far from Beverly Hills). As you've probably already noticed, driving in LA is a PITA. Hollywood is a bit crap TBH...sort of like Mount Rushmore - you wish you hadn't bothered.

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied
    Stopped in Glendale just North of LA last night having driven the coastal route from San Fran. 8 hour drive, methinks I should have stopped earlier as I was conked out by 8.30.

As I wasn't planning to come here I have no idea what to go and do.

What are the top 5 things to do in LA which don't consist of a theme park?
    Number 1 on the list has to be 'leave'. LA is a tuliphole and Hollywood is one of the tuliptiest parts of it.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Stopped in Glendale just North of LA last night having driven the coastal route from San Fran. 8 hour drive, methinks I should have stopped earlier as I was conked out by 8.30.

Coke and Hookers on Sunset Strip.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
    Not a lot.

You should've stopped pretty much anywhere along route 1/101

Head north to Santa Barbara. Probably take a couple of hours from Glendale.
    I was aiming for Santa Barbara for some reason I decided not to book the room at the hotel I wanted before I left and when I got there it and every other one was sold out.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Not a lot.

You should've stopped pretty much anywhere along route 1/101

Head north to Santa Barbara. Probably take a couple of hours from Glendale.

Leave a comment:

• mudskipper
    replied
    GCHJWW Remember The Fonz (Traditional Cache) in California, United States created by HitsMan and Chris

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    Actually that last one looks quite good. 'On your knees bitch!'

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Sorry, only 4....

Ramada Plaza West Hollywood Hotel and Suites

Welcome | Eagle LA- A Premier Leather Gay Bar

TGirlnights.com | Transgender Night Club | Los Angeles | Orange County

The Dominion: Fetish, Fantasy and Creative Roleplay in Los Angeles.

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    started a topic Hollywood baby!

Hollywood baby!

Working...
X