• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Oh dear : the Home Office is at it again...."

Collapse

• Mailman
    replied
    Theres three things that need to happen in England right now to make this place safer;

1. Get someone like John Howard in to power.
    2. Detain all asylum seekers in some sh1tty detention centre in the middle of some sh1tty big desert in the middle of no where in Australia until they can prove their are for real.
    3. Deport Muhammad Abdul Bari

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• wackadu
    replied
    **** the Daily Mail

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Ah well, we can always turn to religion to save us.. they sure sound like a peace loving bunch of happy clappers to me....

Muslims feel they are 'under attack'
    By Martin Hodgson
    Published: 10 September 2006
    The demonisation of Muslims by police and parts of the media could create a new generation of terrorists, a senior Muslim leader warned last night.

Muhammad Abdul Bari, the secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, said negative stereotyping could trigger a widespread backlash.

"There are a few bad apples in the Muslim community who are doing terrible acts and we want to root them out," said Dr Bari. "But some police officers and sections of the media are demonising Muslims, treating them as if they're all terrorists - and that encourages other people to do the same.

"If that continues, then Britain will have to deal with two million Muslim terrorists - 700,000 of them in London."

In an interview with The Sunday Telegraph, he said British Muslims did not understand why the "whole of our diverse communities" are being targeted. "If you attack a whole community, it becomes despondent and aggressive."

His warning came just days after Peter Clarke, head of the Metropolitan Police anti-terrorist branch, said police were monitoring "thousands" of Muslims suspected of terrorist involvement in the UK.

The demonisation of Muslims by police and parts of the media could create a new generation of terrorists, a senior Muslim leader warned last night.

Muhammad Abdul Bari, the secretary-general of the Muslim Council of Britain, said negative stereotyping could trigger a widespread backlash.

"There are a few bad apples in the Muslim community who are doing terrible acts and we want to root them out," said Dr Bari. "But some police officers and sections of the media are demonising Muslims, treating them as if they're all terrorists - and that encourages other people to do the same.

Leave a comment:

• oraclesmith
    replied
    Originally posted by milanbenes
    increasing the population artificially to stimulate house prices, I would say on balance most people would agree with this given the option of falling house prices, negative equity and considering that very few people have adequate pension provision

what do you think ?
    I'd like house prices to fall for a while. Maybe even a crash. The reason being that although our house will be worth less, so will the type of house we'd like to buy and we'd make a saving on the difference. As things are we'd have to add at least £100k or more to the mortgage to buy a house which was significantly bigger. Buy to lets would also be cheaper. After a crash it is likely that house prices will be on the up again, thus allowing more profit-taking for those who bought at the bottom of the market. But I think the market might just level out, which is a shame.

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    "Tutor facilitator for the Gateway to Work project"

But then I suppose him wanting NL out would be like a turkey wanting Christmax. What the f*** is a Tutor facilitator anyway? Is that a posh sounding title for somebody who organises rooms for training courses or something.

I agree he is a waaaanker though.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Compare and contrast with about half the 10 people they "interviewed", such as:
    "He's the best leader we've had and he'll rise above even this. When you're good, you stand up and you get picked on.

I'm 100% behind him."

(Terry New, Tutor facilitator for the Gateway to Work project, Hamble)
    Wanker.

Leave a comment:

• wendigo100
    replied
    Excellent! A typical (almost unanimous) entry on Have Your say:
    Tony Blair to appear on Blue Peter in his farewell tour? I can see it now....

"here's a country I ruined earlier...."

(Mark Tolley, Redditch, United Kingdom)

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Compare and contrast....

The BBCs 'Have your say'...

http://newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thre...215&#paginator

And the BBCs subsequent coverage about 'how people feel'

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/h...go0/html/1.stm

I think the IND should visit the BBC offices - I would imagine they would find quite a few illegals that need those 'indefinite leave to do whatever you want and import a family, as long as they vote labour' documents.

I doubt my 'comment' will be posted by the BBC....

"
    Why is it that you bother to have a 'Have Your Say' section?

Compare and contrast:

newsforums.bbc.co.uk/nol/thread.jspa?sortBy=2&threadID=3653&edition=1&ttl=2 0060909163215&#paginator

the 'Have Your Say Forums' with many comments..

With the official 'BBC' take on what people think...

news.bbc.co.uk/1/shared/spl/hi/pop_ups/06/uk_should_blair_stay_or_go0/html/1.stm

Out of synch, out of touch. Still financed by the people you mislead.
    "
    Last edited by mcquiggd; 9 September 2006, 15:48.

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    increasing the population artificially to stimulate house prices, I would say on balance most people would agree with this given the option of falling house prices, negative equity and considering that very few people have adequate pension provision

what do you think ?

this really is the bigger picture, like it or not, I do not know anybody non-contracting who has any chance of making adequate pension provision, their only chance is the value of their home and down sizing in the future - this must count for a lot of the population

I dread to think what the situation will be like for my generation in 25 years time in the UK

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    And I am not contracting - I am a temporary permie gaining all my nice new finance / investment banking experience and .Net 2 certs. Maybe next April....

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth
    It may not be worth trying to track them down but blanket amnesties are insane. Does that not mean that if any turn out to be major criminals we can't get rid of them?

Well, the TV licensing will track you down no matter how much it costs. Same for council tax. If you dont pay your mobile phone bill on time, and you move house, they will find you.

So, why not employ TV licensing, DVLA or bloody debt collectors or similar to find them...? The Home Office and IND employs thousands of people who seem to do nothing. A lot of them seem to be immigrants themselves - the asylum seekers taking over the asylum.

It seems that even the ones who take the £3,000 to return home are allowed back in, stay for a few years, then get another £3,000 to go away, then repeat....

Leave a comment:

• milanbenes
    replied
    look lads, have a think about it

you really must try to see the bigger picture

this is all for your benefit yet you don't see it

think house prices

people are needed to stimulate the house prices

and the only way to get more people is to open the doors
    to the country

the more who come, the more demand on houses, the higher
    the house prices go, the more your houses are worth, the
    more equity you can unlock from your home, the more you can
    spend on the high street, the newer cars you can buy

you lot are sorteeeed, money for old rope

Milan.

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    Possibly... they have been given the right to stay here indefinitely, get jobs, have kids, invite their relatives over, and then apply for the whole lot to become british citizens. Even though the Home Office has no idea who they are, where they are, what they are here for, or whether that is an arse, or an elbow.

I think one of the comments on that article sums it up quite succintly -

"The United Kingdom is now running without a Government."

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    It may not be worth trying to track them down but blanket amnesties are insane. Does that not mean that if any turn out to be major criminals we can't get rid of them?

Leave a comment:

• mcquiggd
    replied
    A double whammy.....

"Muslim groups infiltrated by 7/7 bombers had huge govt grants"

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/liv...n_page_id=1770

Thank allah that the daily mail is keeping on eye on these bloody fuzzy-wuzzies..

They don't like it up 'em you know!
    Last edited by mcquiggd; 9 September 2006, 13:03.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X