• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: What austerity?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "What austerity?"

Collapse

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    We need back Thatcher now

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    It cost the tax payer £1m to her in the ground and you want to exhume? Get him!!!
    He likes 'em a bit gamey.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    For 30% I would dig her up myself. If we stuffed her and sat her on the front benches she would be far more effective dead than any of that lot in either party
    It cost the tax payer £1m to her in the ground and you want to exhume? Get him!!!

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    A bit of grave robbing now for you DA? Or do you just supply the labour - for a 30% cut?
    For 30% I would dig her up myself. If we stuffed her and sat her on the front benches she would be far more effective dead than any of that lot in either party

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    A bit of grave robbing now for you DA? Or do you just supply the labour - for a 30% cut?

Leave a comment:

• DodgyAgent
    replied

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    I don't think so. A lot of Thatcherite rhetoric maybe but little sign of drive or competence.
    But they like her, seen at the Ukip Party Conference:

(more weird tulip seen there: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/ukip-if-you-want-to

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    I think the point is being lost.

If failed business is not allowed to die, new ideas and efficiencies are not born.
    It's worse than that. If they are failing and aren't allowed to fail, then they are being supported artificially. That means that they are a drain - as opposed to simply being a barrier to new efficiencies.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied

If failed business is not allowed to die, new ideas and efficiencies are not born. If we don't adapt to the changing world around us we'll fail, like Woolworths and all the others which I've already forgotten.
    Or just say you are a bank. Too big to fail.

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And how much:

would there have been there in the condition you define as capitalism?

If failed business is not allowed to die, new ideas and efficiencies are not born. If we don't adapt to the changing world around us we'll fail, like Woolworths and all the others which I've already forgotten.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Barstewards!!!
    I agree. And I am one of them. But one has to do one's best - even if one hates it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    One called capitalism, where failed businesses go bust and die.

Instead we inflate them with tax payers money. And you love it.
    And how much:

Zero hour contracts, no wage inflation, increasing costs of living.
    would there have been there in the condition you define as capitalism?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    But what is the alternate state against which you compare it?
    One called capitalism, where failed businesses go bust and die.

Instead we inflate them with tax payers money. And you love it.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    It's not an argument, it's a contradiction.

You claim stimulus does good for an economy. But the exact opposite is the truth and self evident. Zero hour contracts, no wage inflation, increasing costs of living. Really if this was an argument it should not be so easy to dismantle.
    But what is the alternate state against which you compare it?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X