• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What austerity?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    And how much:

would there have been there in the condition you define as capitalism?
    I think the point is being lost.

If failed business is not allowed to die, new ideas and efficiencies are not born. If we don't adapt to the changing world around us we'll fail, like Woolworths and all the others which I've already forgotten.
    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post

If failed business is not allowed to die, new ideas and efficiencies are not born. If we don't adapt to the changing world around us we'll fail, like Woolworths and all the others which I've already forgotten.
      Or just say you are a bank. Too big to fail.

Comment

If failed business is not allowed to die, new ideas and efficiencies are not born.
        It's worse than that. If they are failing and aren't allowed to fail, then they are being supported artificially. That means that they are a drain - as opposed to simply being a barrier to new efficiencies.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          I don't think so. A lot of Thatcherite rhetoric maybe but little sign of drive or competence.
          But they like her, seen at the Ukip Party Conference:

(more weird tulip seen there: http://www.buzzfeed.com/jimwaterson/ukip-if-you-want-to

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

We need back Thatcher now
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

A bit of grave robbing now for you DA? Or do you just supply the labour - for a 30% cut?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                A bit of grave robbing now for you DA? Or do you just supply the labour - for a 30% cut?
                For 30% I would dig her up myself. If we stuffed her and sat her on the front benches she would be far more effective dead than any of that lot in either party
                Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

For 30% I would dig her up myself. If we stuffed her and sat her on the front benches she would be far more effective dead than any of that lot in either party
                  It cost the tax payer £1m to her in the ground and you want to exhume? Get him!!!
                  "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

It cost the tax payer £1m to her in the ground and you want to exhume? Get him!!!
                    He likes 'em a bit gamey.

Comment

Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X