• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What austerity?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Labour would be even worse. They're both culpable and unwilling/unable to admit this or reckon with the actual problem, which is foo much spending, too much borrowing and too much money printing. Nevermind the resultant tax increases, which will most likely achieve the opposite of their goals, in addition to their unfairness. Politics as usual, in other words.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
      Labour would be even worse. They're both culpable and unwilling/unable to admit this or reckon with the actual problem, which is foo much spending, too much borrowing and too much money printing. Nevermind the resultant tax increases, which will most likely achieve the opposite of their goals, in addition to their unfairness. Politics as usual, in other words.
      I can say with certainty that if Labour win the next election they will tax oxygen. I think they would probably tax any possible thing they can just so they can spend billions more on benefits handouts. Anything to remain in power.
      Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
        I am quite amazed they are still borrowing such huge sums every month. WTF are the government doing? Is it so difficult to sort out the balance sheet ? Ridiculous! I am not voting for them next year.
        Just figure out the earnings and spending and reduce spending by that percentage. Slash salaries of public sector parasites by 15%. etc etc. It cannot be hard, just let me at it for a week, I will get it back on track.
        There is an Election in less than 9 months, no one wants to cut spending when people can remember!
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero Liability View Post
          Until 2 weeks ago, I would have disagreed. But since their conference it is obvious you are right. Worse still, they will not only borrow more. They will tax not just the rich but the wealth generators.

It will become like France.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            Until 2 weeks ago, I would have disagreed. But since their conference it is obvious you are right. Worse still, they will not only borrow more. They will tax not just the rich but the wealth generators.

It will become like France.
            It'll be fine, Ed can just 'forget' about the deficit and we won't have to worry about it
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
              There is an Election in less than 9 months, no one wants to cut spending when people can remember!
              Democracy is the problem as usual. The politicians can't do the right thing even if they wanted to as they always need to keep one eye on getting re-elected in a couple of years.
              Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                We can get away with this because we have our own currency whereas Spain does not. Spain and Italy are completely f**ked
                It's a headline grabber I'll give you that. But as a credible option, completely bankrupt. No one in the UK has become richer as a result, equality has widened, despite our vast resources.

Were Spain to print cash, as we can do ourselves, then why has our GDP continued to increase? And more worryingly, in the face of falling unemployment, why do tax receipts dwindle?
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                  It's a headline grabber I'll give you that. But as a credible option, completely bankrupt. No one in the UK has become richer as a result, equality has widened, despite our vast resources.

Were Spain to print cash, as we can do ourselves, then why has our GDP continued to increase? And more worryingly, in the face of falling unemployment, why do tax receipts dwindle?
                  What do you mean "no one has become richer as a result"? you really are a dullard. What about all the Spanish workers employed in the coffee bars over here? The whole point about having our currency is that we can create a stimulus with which to get everyone working and pay off the arrears. The problem is that the Torys are not making either the cuts or reforms that are needed and that is because the British people don't actually care (if they started reforming the health service - as they should they would be voted out)

Spain on the other hand are completely stuck because they are trapped in the straightjacket of the Euro
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                    What do you mean "no one has become richer as a result"? you really are a dullard. What about all the Spanish workers employed in the coffee bars over here? The whole point about having our currency is that we can create a stimulus with which to get everyone working and pay off the arrears. The problem is that the Torys are not making either the cuts or reforms that are needed and that is because the British people don't actually care (if they started reforming the health service - as they should they would be voted out)

Spain on the other hand are completely stuck because they are trapped in the straightjacket of the Euro
                    'stimulus', I could stimulate myself by taking heroin. But my situation does not change.

We champion stimulus, we're hooked on stimulus. One day we'll have to go cold turkey and that is my point.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
                      'stimulus', I could stimulate myself by taking heroin. But my situation does not change.

We champion stimulus, we're hooked on stimulus. One day we'll have to go cold turkey and that is my point.
                      That is not a point at all. It is a negative spin on the word/concept of stimulation with no attempt to apply it within the context of an argument.
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X