• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What austerity?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
    So national debt has doubled since the tories have come into office.

And yet they still blame the previous government
    It's truly remarkable how this government has kept this news quiet. We're about to involve ourselves in another war, with which our Sovereignty is not threatened.

Our debt is an eye watering 91% of GDP. Despite our low employment figures we're supposed to believe, consider this; Spain is sitting on a debt of 93% to GDP whilst unemployment is near 25%.

The country has very little room for manoeuvre, interest rates will be going no where for years to come.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
      It's truly remarkable how this government has kept this news quiet. We're about to involve ourselves in another war, with which our Sovereignty is not threatened.

Our debt is an eye watering 91% of GDP. Despite our low employment figures we're supposed to believe, consider this; Spain is sitting on a debt of 93% to GDP whilst unemployment is near 25%.

The country has very little room for manoeuvre, interest rates will be going no where for years to come.

We can get away with this because we have our own currency whereas Spain does not. Spain and Italy are completely f**ked
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        We can get away with this because we have our own currency whereas Spain does not. Spain and Italy are completely f**ked
        +1

I can't help feeling that at some point this is going to spill over into inflation. I just can't work out when and how.

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post
          They need to tax the rich much more, 75% say, while lowering business tax for smaller companies, working/middle class, that will get the deficit down in quick time by creating growth and raising billions from the elite.
          They'll do the exact opposite of that and before you know it, there will be enough QE to make everyone a billionaire. Ask Mugabe and Dr Gono for the 'how to' guide.

Tax everyone less, spend less, print less. I wish.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            +1

I can't help feeling that at some point this is going to spill over into inflation. I just can't work out when and how.
            Probably when the public, tired of the small amount austerity they've had so far, vote for Milliband/Balls.
            Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

Originally posted by VectraMan View Post
              Probably when the public, tired of the small amount austerity they've had so far, vote for Milliband/Balls.
              There has been no austerity except for the armed forces and infrastructure
              Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                There has been no austerity except for the armed forces and infrastructure
                So not true.

Saw a bunch of chavs the other day and the biggest TV they could find to rob was only 40 inches...

gone are the lazy hazy days of 50 inch tv's being available to rob on every street corner.

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  So not true.

Saw a bunch of chavs the other day and the biggest TV they could find to rob was only 40 inches...

gone are the lazy hazy days of 50 inch tv's being available to rob on every street corner.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
                    So national debt has doubled since the tories have come into office.

And yet they still blame the previous government

I am quite amazed they are still borrowing such huge sums every month. WTF are the government doing? Is it so difficult to sort out the balance sheet ? Ridiculous! I am not voting for them next year.
                    Just figure out the earnings and spending and reduce spending by that percentage. Slash salaries of public sector parasites by 15%. etc etc. It cannot be hard, just let me at it for a week, I will get it back on track.
                    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

Comment

Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
                      I am quite amazed they are still borrowing such huge sums every month. WTF are the government doing? Is it so difficult to sort out the balance sheet ? Ridiculous! I am not voting for them next year.
                      Just figure out the earnings and spending and reduce spending by that percentage. Slash salaries of public sector parasites by 15%. etc etc. It cannot be hard, just let me at it for a week, I will get it back on track.
                      You think Labour would do any different?

They are both relying on growth. Which will never appear. Only things that grow are house prices and immigration. Its all an illusion.

Comment

Working...
                      X