• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gordon Brown promises to "lock in today the promises that we have made""

Collapse

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    What I don't understand is in what capacity he is making promises.
    Nor do I. He wasn't speaking for me.

Leave a comment:

• Doggy Styles
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    He's the last person to have led a political party that has actually won a General Election in this country. That gives him better standing than Cameron or Clegg, neither of whom have won jack tulip.
    Brown has never won a general election, in his only attempt he was kicked out in favour of Cameron and Clegg.

Leave a comment:

• Bacchus
    replied
    Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    neither of whom have won jack tulip.
    Of course if you go down that route, nor did Gordon Brown, shirley? His party may have elected him leader, but when it came to the public vote he was royally kicked in the backside.

What I don't understand is in what capacity he is making promises. He is currently no more than a back bench MP, and a deeply unpopular one in, shall we say, the greater part of the UK.

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    Originally posted by Bacchus View Post
    here on the beeb

Alex Salmond also referred to the promises made by Mr Brown in his resignation speech

Can anyone explain to me WTF it has to do with Gordon Brown? He is an ex prime minister and an ex chancellor and member of an opposition party. Why is he even saying anything?
    He's the last person to have led a political party that has actually won a General Election in this country. That gives him better standing than Cameron or Clegg, neither of whom have won jack tulip.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Gordon Brown

Gordon Brown

Gordon Brown, Gordon Brown, Gordon Brown

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    'master Yoda. If I seek independance for the rebel alliance, and yet we fail'
    'What should I do then, master ?'

Yoda-
    'Bend over, take the westmister bargepole and keep your whining gob shut, you must. Yeesssssss.'

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    tulip, was that Gordon Brown ?? I thought Tony Blair had put on a couple of stone and had a stroke.
    The ability to impersonate a bobble eyed twat is insignificant next to the power of the force

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    I find your lack of faith...dirsturbing
    -Lord 'Bobble-eye' Vader Brown, 2014 , episode xxv1, 'The pea brain strikes back'

check it out on wookie pedia
    tulip, was that Gordon Brown ?? I thought Tony Blair had put on a couple of stone and had a stroke.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    I don't understand either. An unelected politician debating what where and when, what the hell is going on?

No one elected him as PM before, and now he's going for a 2nd run on the Scots.

Day's ago the Scots where elated with the prospect of change and now lord vader has mad himself ruler. Flipping heck,
    I find your lack of faith...dirsturbing
    -Lord 'Bobble-eye' Vader Brown, 2014 , episode xxv1, 'The pea brain strikes back'

check it out on wookie pedia

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I don't understand either. An unelected politician debating what where and when, what the hell is going on?

No one elected him as PM before, and now he's going for a 2nd run on the Scots.

Day's ago the Scots where elated with the prospect of change and now lord vader has mad himself ruler. Flipping heck,

Leave a comment:

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Can he promise to crawl away and vanish shortly afterwards, too?

He is a whingey, self-important twat who will spew any lie to emotionally manipulate others. I.e. a model politician.

Leave a comment:

• Gordon Brown promises to "lock in today the promises that we have made"

here on the beeb

Alex Salmond also referred to the promises made by Mr Brown in his resignation speech

Can anyone explain to me WTF it has to do with Gordon Brown? He is an ex prime minister and an ex chancellor and member of an opposition party. Why is he even saying anything?

Working...
X