• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "YouGov exit poll gives it to the No camp"

Collapse

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Well the were pretty much spot on. Impressive.

Gutted with the result though :-(

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    The bookies do.
    Nah, the bookies will have priced up their markets whenever they opened them and then adjusted the prices in response to the amount of money being placed on either option. What you are seeing in the prices offered is more a reaction to sentiment amongst the betting public not the bookies adjusting the odds in response to polls.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by Alf W View Post
    The bookies do.
    if I didnt know that you were such a fine fellow, I might have thought that the bookies may have been wrong before

Leave a comment:

• Alf W
    replied
    The bookies do.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I just don't think anyone knows.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    A lot of idiots on twitter already calling it based on this poll.

Leave a comment:

• alluvial
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    That Welshman on BBC says it shouldn't be given too much weight. But maybe he just wants the viewing figures?
    Actually I agree. The pollsters are working with something they've never had before, a huge turnout. It makes me wonder if they can scale their poll results up correctly.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    That Welshman on BBC says it shouldn't be given too much weight. But maybe he just wants the viewing figures?

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Nobody paid for an exit poll. You'll just have to wait until the end.

Leave a comment:

• Unix
    replied
    Originally posted by sirja View Post
    YouGov have released an exit poll 54% for No and 46%bfor yes. Will be interesting to see how this tallies with the final result.

yougov.co.uk/news/2014/09/18/yougov-referendum-prediction
    It's not an exit poll.

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    99% confident.

That's pretty high!

Leave a comment:

• sirja
    started a topic YouGov exit poll gives it to the No camp

YouGov exit poll gives it to the No camp

YouGov have released an exit poll 54% for No and 46%bfor yes. Will be interesting to see how this tallies with the final result.

yougov.co.uk/news/2014/09/18/yougov-referendum-prediction

Working...
X