• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accounting Implications of the Company Horse"

Collapse

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

Dunno wot the mileage rates are.

Buying a horse?? | AccountingWEB

You'll need to login to read it all of course, & it's not strikingly interesting.

Other than it's a company horse.
    This wouldn't perchance be related to this AccountingWibble thread?

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    Totally unrelated but reminded me of:

Ah, the old broswer text rerplacment trick.

I'll take "cloud --> tulipe" please, Carol.

Leave a comment:

• Sysman
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    Well, if bicycles are tax free.....

I wonder if you could get away without paying the congestion charge? Or parking fines.
    A different sort of congestion springs to mind.

Good for mushrooms, or so I am told.

Thinking about a horse with wheel clamps makes me chuckle.
    Horses can and do kick.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You probably just need a really strong magnet to 'clamp' a horse.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by d000hg View Post
    You sicko. Torturing animals makes you chuckle?
    No, I am chuckling because if I was a horse and a nasty, bald thug was clamping my leg, he would be covered in mounds of honking horse-tulip.

I am not googling for a picture to link in case the missus gets the wrong idea or the NSA comes knocking, so you will have to use your imagination.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    You sicko. Torturing animals makes you chuckle?

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Well, if bicycles are tax free.....

I wonder if you could get away without paying the congestion charge? Or parking fines.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Totally unrelated but reminded me of:

Leave a comment:

• zeitghost
    started a topic Accounting Implications of the Company Horse

Accounting Implications of the Company Horse

Dunno wot the mileage rates are.

Buying a horse?? | AccountingWEB

You'll need to login to read it all of course, & it's not strikingly interesting.

Other than it's a company horse.

I assume you had in mind the old s.189 (1) ICTA 1970 allowance :

"If the holder of an office or employment is necessarily obliged to incur and defray out of the emoluments thereof the expenses of travelling in the performance of the duties of the office or employment, or of keeping and maintaining a HORSE to enable him to perform the same, or otherwise to expend money wholly, exclusively and necessarily in the performance of the said duties, there may be deducted from the emoluments to be assessed the expenses so necessarily incurred and defrayed."

Working...
X