• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Who has experienced reflux ?"

Collapse

• Clownio
    replied
    Originally posted by Lockhouse
    Lansoprazole or Protium will get rid of it totally but you need a prescription. The problem is that both of them can mask the symptoms of an ulcer or stomach cancer so best to get checked out first.

I get gastric reflux either when I'm stressed or when I'm overweight. I had the tube down my throat last year to make sure I didn't have an ulcer. I went for the anaesthetic - it's not a proper general and it doesn't hurt at all. You're alert in 10 minutes.

I've suffered from it for years on and off. When I used to smoke I was never rid of it but now it's just a warning that I need to look after myself a bit better.
    Those were the days. I cant remember the last time I was alert FOR 10 minutes.

Leave a comment:

• Lockhouse
    replied
    Lansoprazole or Protium will get rid of it totally but you need a prescription. The problem is that both of them can mask the symptoms of an ulcer or stomach cancer so best to get checked out first.

I get gastric reflux either when I'm stressed or when I'm overweight. I had the tube down my throat last year to make sure I didn't have an ulcer. I went for the anaesthetic - it's not a proper general and it doesn't hurt at all. You're alert in 10 minutes.

I've suffered from it for years on and off. When I used to smoke I was never rid of it but now it's just a warning that I need to look after myself a bit better.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Ahh! we are talking gastro-reflux (heartburn)!

My mind went back to my eldest daughter, who had Kidney reflux.........Now that and the tests hurt her like hell...............She ended up with about 10% of her left kidney working (But we caught it quickly)

Leave a comment:

• Cliphead
    replied
    Suffered for years, got tested for H Pylori - negative, went through 2 packs of Rennies per day. Finally got a wee pill from the doc, one a day and I can eat what I want anytime.

Don't suffer, get it sorted.

It also helps prevent hangovers too...

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    So

Its not just me then.....

I dont feel special anymore. Should I rephrase it..... Does anybody NOT get this sh1t?

Leave a comment:

• Cowboy Bob
    replied
    Lasoprazole - http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/d...r/a695020.html

Mrs Bob takes them for her hiatus hernia and the pills look like elephant tranquilizers. They're industrial strength antacids.

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by sunnysan
    I get bad reflux at times, seems to come and go fro no apparent reason. Try not to use meds as I think they may disrupt the natural ph of the gut.

When it get really bad its scary, feels like a fricken heart attack.

I also got given the camera deal and was left with an admiration for any girl who can deepthroat.

Needless to say they found nothing wrong.

Not really sure what causes it though, think its a combo of stress, coffee and too much boozing.

Stress, coffee, smoking, alchohol - especially spirits, spicy food, physical exertion, bad posture while eating. It can also be caused by an infection with Heliobacter Pylori.

It causes a rise in the levels of acid in the stomach and production of excess stomach gasses. This is what makes you belch when you get an attack and thats when the acid escapes into the aesophagus. The medication corrects the acid levels in your gut and helps disperse the gas. I find I often belch a lot for about 20 mins after taking it with no reflux and then I'm fine again till the meds wear off.

Leave a comment:

• sunnysan
    replied
    Reflux

I get bad reflux at times, seems to come and go fro no apparent reason. Try not to use meds as I think they may disrupt the natural ph of the gut.

When it get really bad its scary, feels like a fricken heart attack.

I also got given the camera deal and was left with an admiration for any girl who can deepthroat.

Needless to say they found nothing wrong.

Not really sure what causes it though, think its a combo of stress, coffee and too much boozing.

Leave a comment:

• Phoenix
    replied
    Originally posted by premiere
    Had extreme indigestion, but was diagnosed with stomach ulcer!!!

Had to have a camera shoved down me throat. Nice peeps gave me a choice of being knocked out while they did it, or wide awake. I went for the awake option! Never again...

After all that, was told there was no ulcer, but it was 'as bad a case of indigestion I have ever seen' said the Doc.

The ruddy pain kept me up for several nights too!

You fool! If it had been reflux, they would have shoved the camera up your cock!

Now how would that compare?

Leave a comment:

• premiere
    replied
    Had extreme indigestion, but was diagnosed with stomach ulcer!!!

Had to have a camera shoved down me throat. Nice peeps gave me a choice of being knocked out while they did it, or wide awake. I went for the awake option! Never again...

After all that, was told there was no ulcer, but it was 'as bad a case of indigestion I have ever seen' said the Doc.

The ruddy pain kept me up for several nights too!

Leave a comment:

• DaveB
    replied
    Originally posted by Clownio
    Hurts doesn't it ?

Like a bastard. Of to the quacks tommorow to get it sorted properly I hope after 10 years of remission and relapse.

Leave a comment:

• supremepods
    replied
    Industrial strength GAVISCON EXTRA

Works every time.

Leave a comment:

• Clownio
    started a topic Who has experienced reflux ?

Who has experienced reflux ?

Hurts doesn't it ?

Working...
X