• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "The three musketeers are coming to Scotland"

Collapse

• Batcher
    replied
    Originally posted by Churchill View Post
    Tax breaks?

Scotland can't afford tax breaks unless the money comes from South of Gretna.
    Personally I can't wait until you lot get what you deserve and then itfot when things turn to rattulip and you're all fighting on the streets, to see Sturgeon and Salmond hanging upside down from a lamp post on Sauchiehall Street - Mussolini style.
    That's true, because all of the tax money raised in Scotland goes south of Gretna. The VAT only goes one way as we don't get any of that back.

Glad to see you agree with us

Leave a comment:

• PurpleGorilla
    replied
    Technically the PM is still the PM of Scotland; but it does look desperate.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    I can't wait until you get a degree.
    Really? Thanks for looking after my welfare but I'm managing just fine without one.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Tax breaks?

Personally I can't wait until you lot get what you deserve and then itfot when things turn to rattulip and you're all fighting on the streets, to see Sturgeon and Salmond hanging upside down from a lamp post on Sauchiehall Street - Mussolini style.
    I can't wait until you get a degree.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    The three musketeers are coming to Scotland

Originally posted by Batcher View Post
    Won't be in an independent Scotland though. That's one reason why there is strong support for Yes in the creative industries and filming of major films and TV series has increased in the last couple of years thanks to tax breaks from the Scottish Government.
    Tax breaks?

Leave a comment:

• jemb
    replied
    Call Me Dave meets the locals in Pilton

That's genius.

My mate Rick is in the background!

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Filmed on the Curragh. Scotland was too expensive!
    Won't be in an independent Scotland though. That's one reason why there is strong support for Yes in the creative industries and filming of major films and TV series has increased in the last couple of years thanks to tax breaks from the Scottish Government.

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied

Filmed on the Curragh. Scotland was too expensive!

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Batcher
    replied
    Oh dear. Downing Street attempt to fly the Saltire to show how much they love Scotland

To me, it actually looks like they are supporting independence by flying the Saltire. Surely the Better Together mob should be flying the Butcher's Apron?

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by vetran View Post
    can we give them an option to hang Alex & Nicola in a couple of years when the cash runs out?
    As I believe she will still be head of state, I guess so. But dont the Scots have their own terrible ways of punishing treasonous politicians? Drowned in Porridge, battered and deep fried, or simply moaned, swore- and shouted-at to death by a Malcolm Tuckerish sort of character.

Leave a comment:

• vetran
    replied
    Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
    I think a better strategy would be for the Queen to make a TV appeal to the Scottish people promising that after a no vote they can have another vote to decide which of the three politicians they'd like her to hang from tower bridge.

edit: With an 'All of the above' option too, of course
    can we give them an option to hang Alex & Nicola in a couple of years when the cash runs out?

Leave a comment:

• CheeseSlice
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Do you think Queenie told Cameron, 'you get your arse up there and sort this out before I hang you from tower bridge!'
    I think a better strategy would be for the Queen to make a TV appeal to the Scottish people promising that after a no vote they can have another vote to decide which of the three politicians they'd like her to hang from tower bridge.

edit: With an 'All of the above' option too, of course

Leave a comment:

• ASB
    replied
    I am hoping that they stay until the referendum. Then when it's yes we can get the border controls up and not let them back.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    If anything, the three amigos should keep well clear. The Scottish people will not take kindly at being lectured to - who can blame them?

Looks like Its going to be a yes.

Especially as its just a simple majority required.
    It looks like it may be a yes. But you can still get better than 2/1 on a Yes vote.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X