• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: My latest bugbear

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "My latest bugbear"

Collapse

• zoco
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Perhaps they'll be sympathetic. The shower not work?
    Only brought one tee shirt and one set of Lycra shorts. I Smell OK, me gear doesn't though. Perhaps I should go over in the noddy?

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    go over and spit on it
    FTFY

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by zoco View Post
    I look and smell like I've been dragged through a hedge.
    Perhaps they'll be sympathetic. The shower not work?

Leave a comment:

• zoco
    replied
    go over and say hello

Leave a comment:

• zoco
    replied
    go over and say hello

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    Originally posted by zoco View Post
    People opposite are doing a rotisserie chicken over their BBQ. I don't think I can take any more!
    go over and say hello

Leave a comment:

• zoco
    replied
    A grumpy old man moaning till midnight, think I'd top myself.

Just kidding.
    People opposite are doing a rotisserie chicken over their BBQ. I don't think I can take any more!

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    A grumpy old man moaning till midnight, think I'd top myself.

Just kidding.

Leave a comment:

• zoco
    replied
    glad i'm no that tent tonight
    You what?

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    glad i'm no that tent tonight

Leave a comment:

• zoco
    started a topic My latest bugbear

My latest bugbear

Checkout staff in shops that don't ring everything through.

This has happened a couple of times recently. The other day I bought some camping kit for the trip that I am currently not enjoying. Among the items I put in my basket was a first aid kit. When it came to packing, I searched high and low for it but it was nowhere. Then the missus suggested I check the receipt. Sure enough, it never got rung through.

Then today, I went into Paignton to get tonight's dinner. Sausages, some cooked chicken among other things. I got a cab up to the site, which is miles from the nearest shop, pitched the tent, chucked the shopping in there and went for a shower.

The mistake I made? I left the flap of the tent open and when I got back the seagulls were just finishing up the last of my sausages.

F'kin hell, I thought. I guess I'll have to make do with that tin of beans I bought. Looked in the bag - no tin of beans. Looked at the receipt - yep, you guessed it. They didn't ring it through

I've just walked 20 miles of the SW coast path with a 30lb pack on my back and I've had no dinner. Hope I don't fade away before breakfast time

Working...
X