• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Women don't reverse - leave it to your husband"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    enjoy some humour from Brillo.
    And there's nothing that makes me laugh than to think about the death of a child in a tragic accident.

Leave a comment:

• vwdan
    replied
    Originally posted by fullyautomatix View Post
    Whats up with the bedwetters picking on Brillo ? A lot many awful topics have been turned into a joke on here many times. I remember MJ dying and nothing but jokes. Nobody is holier than thou here. So stop whining and enjoy some humour from Brillo. But I feel this attempt was not humour but sexist, correct me I am wrong Brillo.
    I suspect many feel differently about an innocent child dying in a tragic accident than they do about a bizaare pop star copping it.

I'll not wet my bed over it, but it was a poor place to find humour and the joke was, as you say, just plain sexism. Not clever, not witty and definitely not original.

Leave a comment:

• fullyautomatix
    replied
    Whats up with the bedwetters picking on Brillo ? A lot many awful topics have been turned into a joke on here many times. I remember MJ dying and nothing but jokes. Nobody is holier than thou here. So stop whining and enjoy some humour from Brillo. But I feel this attempt was not humour but sexist, correct me I am wrong Brillo.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    How fast do you have to reverse to kill someone?

even the adverts say that if you hit a child at 20 rather than 30 they are way more likely to live

seems a strange tragedy thats for sure
    There are lots of cases in the US of parents - of both genders - reversing over their children and killing them.

Unfortunately children tend to be short and hard to see when reversing.

They also aren't as good as calculating risk as adults this means that even teenagers up to the age of 16 are often run over by vehicles due to being in their path.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by I just need to test it View Post
    I remember a thread on a messageboard elsewhere titled "Boy Killed by Giant Snowball" that caused quite an outcry, though the perpetrator was well-liked and as a result seemed to get a much softer ride than Brillo's getting.
    Maybe it's partly because he seems to post every passing sight and thought, like a personal Twitter feed - I mean look at his post count!

Brillo, sometimes it's better to take a leaf out of Gauss's book pauca sed matura !

Leave a comment:

• I just need to test it
    replied
    I remember a thread on a messageboard elsewhere titled "Boy Killed by Giant Snowball" that caused quite an outcry, though the perpetrator was well-liked and as a result seemed to get a much softer ride than Brillo's getting.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by zeitghost
    Dull he may be, but he's not the one who gets banned.
    Do you consider the mods to have good judgment?

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    How fast do you have to reverse to kill someone?

even the adverts say that if you hit a child at 20 rather than 30 they are way more likely to live

seems a strange tragedy thats for sure
    and if you crush them against a wall or a tree, even along the side of the car, they could easily be killed at 2 MPH if their skull cracks or rib cage collapses or something.

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    I'm at Cabot Circus in 35 minutes in case anyone wants to discuss it with me.
    Don't you mean just "the circus", as you're such a clown

Leave a comment:

• woohoo
    replied

I'm at Cabot Circus in 35 minutes in case anyone wants to discuss it with me. Or regularly at Chester for the pigeon worriers round here.

As usual, the cuk morons jump in without a thought.
    Classic lesson on making a stupid unfunny joke, then instead of holding your hands up you go on the defensive.

Lol offering to meet someone for a discussion that's just sad. Just hold your hands up, we all at some point have said something stupid.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    For general forum, I reckon I hit the right level.
    I know you do.

Leave a comment:

• BrilloPad
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    To be fair to Brillo, he is not always great at picking up on acceptable social norms, but all the more reason for us to educate.
    You think you stand any chance of education?

For general forum, I reckon I hit the right level.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    not a 2 mph punch they don't

it's not the speed of the punch - it's the fall that comes with it.

Leave a comment:

• Zippy
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I'd say that saying that is worse than Brillo's original comment. Unnecessary.
    In this case I'd say it was fair comment. Brillo likes to stir it up, and he's picked the wrong topic.
    Again.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    I'd say that saying that is worse than Brillo's original comment. Unnecessary.
    That is because you are a dull ****.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X