• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Short term contract - living arrangements"

Collapse

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by yasockie View Post
    airbnb or gumtree perhaps?
    +1, try somewhere through airbnb and if you like it then negotiate a deal direct with the person you're staying with.

Leave a comment:

• kevpuk
    replied
    Spareroom had served me well, when away from home - in fact, I am currently back in the same spareroom I was in whilst on a different gig last year!

Leave a comment:

• yasockie
    replied
    airbnb or gumtree perhaps?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Might have be worth working this out BEFORE accepting the gig. You are going to look a right nana if you can't get anywhere cheap and spend half your day rate on digs.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    Spareroom.com has always served me well for this sort of thing.

I'm going to be looking myself soon, but in an area totally unfamiliar to me (Cardiff of all places) so I'll hotel it for the 1st week or two and ask people that know the city where to target and avoid.
    WHS - Another site for weekday lodgings is mondaytofriday.com

I was contracting in Cardiff for several months about five years ago, and rented a top floor flat in Pontcanna, one of the nicest areas.

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by greenlake View Post
    You took mudskipper's job of the day?
    Oh damn looks like I've been stitched up by the pimp, I didn't realise the rate on offer was that high!!!

Leave a comment:

• greenlake
    replied
    I'm going to be looking myself soon, but in an area totally unfamiliar to me (Cardiff of all places) so I'll hotel it for the 1st week or two and ask people that know the city where to target and avoid.
    You took mudskipper's job of the day?

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied

Try Cardiff docks and swing a handbag.

Worked for me (and Suity)....

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by kensai187 View Post
    Hi all,

I am about to start a 4 month contract (my first in fact), it's under the standard 6 month contract most rental places want but long enough that short term accommodation adds up fast. Does anyone have some tips of the type of place/setup I should be looking for? Thanks!
    B&B, room share or cheap hotel.

Leave a comment:

• kensai187
    started a topic Short term contract - living arrangements

Short term contract - living arrangements

Hi all,

I am about to start a 4 month contract (my first in fact), it's under the standard 6 month contract most rental places want but long enough that short term accommodation adds up fast. Does anyone have some tips of the type of place/setup I should be looking for? Thanks!

Working...
X