• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: This just

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "This just"

Collapse

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    It does make you wonder what you are supposed to do with people who cut peoples heads off and hold them up 'to draw attention' to some issue or other

I mean, its not like some demand that can be met (even if it would turn your stomache to negotiate)

It's more like ' oh yeah, thanks. I wasnt aware of your terrible plight. you are clearly a decent and civilised person, would you now do me a favour and stick his head back on'

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by tractor View Post
    We can probably thank Cherie for that.

What does amaze me though is that police can put 7 bullets in the head of an innocent Brazilian but only manage to wound these two lunatics when they are waving guns in the street and are both covered in blood.

Had they been a little more accurate, look at the amount of money they could have saved.
    Innocent people are easier to kill plus there is no risk of them being named martyrs. In addition police know people like this suffer in prison. Though I remember overhearing that other prisoners just ignore and avoid extreme religious nutters like these two.

Leave a comment:

• tractor
    replied

Originally posted by original PM View Post
    I am not saying they should not have got a fair trial with representation - which they did.

What I am saying is that their grounds for appeal is so non existent that it should take maybe 30 minutes and £100 quid to say no, not £200k.
    We can probably thank Cherie for that.

What does amaze me though is that police can put 7 bullets in the head of an innocent Brazilian but only manage to wound these two lunatics when they are waving guns in the street and are both covered in blood.

Had they been a little more accurate, look at the amount of money they could have saved.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    A bit harsh; I prefer Pink Floyd's solution (even though I normally don't like prog rock);
    Those muslim fellas need a dirty woman. Get the poison out? Get 'em to relax a bit?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    A bit harsh; I prefer Pink Floyd's solution (even though I normally don't like prog rock);

Take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
    And build them a home, a little place of their own.
    The Fletcher Memorial
    Home for Incurable Tyrants and Kings.
    the world is truly a dangerous place. again

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    lol.

the Catholic church was on the nazis side. it means nothing

no one really understood what was happening at the time, even most of the nazis got a bit of a suprise when it all came out.

the only way to stop it all happening again is to come down very hard on anyone who espouses extreme views, and to put anyone who believes in mindless violence up against the wall

Take all your overgrown infants away somewhere
    And build them a home, a little place of their own.
    The Fletcher Memorial
    Home for Incurable Tyrants and Kings.

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Originally posted by MicrosoftBob View Post
    No it's Muslims that rant about Jews. they want to wipe Jews from the earth (It's in Hamas charter even now), plus they supported Hitler and the holocaust
    lol.

the Catholic church was on the nazis side. it means nothing

no one really understood what was happening at the time, even most of the nazis got a bit of a suprise when it all came out.

the only way to stop it all happening again is to come down very hard on anyone who espouses extreme views, and to put anyone who believes in mindless violence up against the wall

Leave a comment:

• Churchill
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Your posting early.
    And your spelling is still tulipe!

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    I'm sure most Muslims during WW2 era couldn't even point out Germany on a map.
    Some of them seemed to manage it, funny they were still calling for the genocide of jews back then it's almost like they liked being jew hating fascists

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    converts seem to me to be the most stupid and dangerous followers of any religion regardless of what religion it is
    Not sure if any stats prove that but it often seems to be the case. Maybe people with existing psychological problems turn to religion as a way of escape.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Wot, all of them?
    I'm sure most Muslims during WW2 era couldn't even point out Germany on a map.

Leave a comment:

• Mich the Tester
    replied
    No it's Muslims that rant about Jews. they want to wipe Jews from the earth (It's in Hamas charter even now), plus they supported Hitler and the holocaust
    Wot, all of them?

Leave a comment:

• MicrosoftBob
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Yes you can be British and Muslim. Like you can be British and Jewish, British and Sikh, British and Buddhist etc

Jewish people can use Jewish courts in the UK in disputes with other Jews if they want to and the decision is binding, so some Muslims want the same privilege.

Or are we going to see a rant about Jews now?

BTW these two were converts, and converts seem to me to be the most stupid and dangerous followers of any religion regardless of what religion it is.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by original PM View Post
    Ok true - so they should go to the Prison Warden and ask for an appeal against their sentence...

Based on what?

Unlawful inprisonment - well nope they are guilty as sin
    Unlawful/harsh sentencing - well nope they terms of the sentence are within UK justice rules

So based on what?
    Judgements judge guilt according to the law, and sentencing given the context and circumstances.
    Guilt is fairly black & white, while appropriate sentencing is more subjective.

If one can appeal their guilty verdict (an of course such a right to appeal exists for a good reason), then it makes even more sense for them to be able to appeal their sentencing.

And such a right must exist - or not. We can't be granting such rights according to whim for the very reasons that those rights exist in the first place.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    If you think they can be British and Muslim, do you believe Sharia Law is British ?
    Yes you can be British and Muslim. Like you can be British and Jewish, British and Sikh, British and Buddhist etc

Jewish people can use Jewish courts in the UK in disputes with other Jews if they want to and the decision is binding, so some Muslims want the same privilege.

Or are we going to see a rant about Jews now?

BTW these two were converts, and converts seem to me to be the most stupid and dangerous followers of any religion regardless of what religion it is.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X