• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Human rights and the UK"

Collapse

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
    I already know them but that's not the point of this thread is it? The point, in case you didn't understand it, was to do with inflation and I found it rather humorous that 'UK Essentials' included booze and fags
    If you live up north they are essential. Or at least it's cheaper than a trip to dignitas.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    Look them up yourself you thick lazy twunt.

Smoking and drinking per head of population.
    I already know them but that's not the point of this thread is it? The point, in case you didn't understand it, was to do with inflation and I found it rather humorous that 'UK Essentials' included booze and fags

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Then show us the equivalent set of figures...
    Look them up yourself you thick lazy twunt.

Smoking and drinking per head of population.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by minestrone View Post
    They are more essential in mainland Europe.
    Then show us the equivalent set of figures...

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    what is the logic behind that - and where would duck/quail/ squirrel feature in the inflation league
    It's because chickens are born, fed, and killed to be eaten in an incredibly short span of time. For cows and the like that time period is much greater.
    When the price of grain or whatever they eat goes up, you see it reflected in chickens almost instantly, whereas with beef theres a latency.

I would guess ducks and quails are similar? I don't know how they are raised. Squirrels prices are more sensitive to Acute Oak Decline than they are to general food prices.

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    I just love the last line in the image 'UK Essentials' and the 2nd and 3rd items...Tobacco and Alcohol
    They are more essential in mainland Europe.

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied
    Originally posted by scooterscot View Post
    Reading the news on various new papers. Why is the UK intent on becoming so much like 1930's Germany?
    And Britain's most popular party on social media (primarily Facebook) is...Britain First. They have more likes than any other political party. I'm not too sure how, or why, although they seem to be pretty good at creating certain types of viral content (it often cleverly disguises its online campaigns as support for the Armed Forces or against animal cruelty) which don't always show who's behind it thus people 'like' it. Personally I think: https://www.facebook.com/britianfirst is better

Leave a comment:

• scooterscot
    replied
    I just love the last line in the image 'UK Essentials' and the 2nd and 3rd items...Tobacco and Alcohol
    Makes you proud doesn't it?

Leave a comment:

• darmstadt
    replied

Leave a comment:

• minestrone
    replied
    Reading the news on various new papers. Why is the UK intent on becoming so much like 1930's Germany?

Last week passing a law that ensures the surveillance on individuals is most intense of anywhere in the EU.
    Inflation out of control, massive debts.
    Extradite any UK citizen at the request of a US court without evidence.
    Boris is buying a water cannon.

Hysterical pish.

Leave a comment:

• OwlHoot
    replied
    Originally posted by Troll View Post
    what is the logic behind that - and where would duck/quail/ squirrel feature in the inflation league
    Faster turnover I'm guessing?

From birth, a chicken is ready for the pot sooner than a cow.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by SpontaneousOrder View Post
    Also worth noting that you'll see inflation in chickens etc much sooner than you will in beef for example.

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Monetary inflation has a certain horizon beyond which price inflation will follow. Worth noting.
    Also worth noting that you'll see inflation in chickens etc much sooner than you will in beef for example.

Also worth noting that if, lets suppose, retailers are absorbing price inflation then that isn't to say that it doesn't exist.

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    But London is the centre of our entire economy.

You think those rates of inflation since 2007 are okay? Food @ 27%. Glad my salary has gone up by the same amount since.

27% in 7 years? That's 3.5% inflation. Hardly comparable to 1930s Germany is it?

Leave a comment:

• EternalOptimist
    replied
    Deep Fried Scooter is right. I went in to the butchers yesterday to buy a pork chop. I had £350,000 in a rucksack but I was robbed. Guess what they took ?
    yep!! my bike

Leave a comment:

Working...
X