• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Query"

Collapse

• Paralytic
    replied
    Originally posted by Rishi Rocky View Post
    Hi All,

Need an advice:

I'm getting HMRC emails about "Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme" claims to apply and guide lines to read.
    My contract is ending soon due to budget constraints and COVID impact in the company.

My question - Will I be eligible for applying to this scheme?? I will be jobless until I find new contract.

This is my first contract and working past 7 months.

Thanks in advance!
    Yes you are eligible. The application process depends on whether your contract is via your Ltd company or via an Umbrella?

If via your Ltd company, you (or your accountant/payroll company) can furlough you, continue to pay you your the salary you've been getting (as per rules in the scheme) and then claim 80% of that back.

If via an Umbrella, contact the Umbrella to ask them if they are furloughing staff. Many/most are not.

Have you read this? https://www.contractoruk.com/forums/...es-thread.html
    Last edited by Paralytic; 28 April 2020, 07:38.

Leave a comment:

• Rishi Rocky
    started a topic Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Query

Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme Query

Hi All,

Need an advice:

I'm getting HMRC emails about "Coronavirus Job Retention Scheme" claims to apply and guide lines to read.
    My contract is ending soon due to budget constraints and COVID impact in the company.

My question - Will I be eligible for applying to this scheme?? I will be jobless until I find new contract.

This is my first contract and working past 7 months.

Thanks in advance!

Working...
X