• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Umbrella: how do I handle this?"

Collapse

• steveclv
    replied
    Spot on!

Sad but true

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    I think you'll be ok as you'll have communication from the client/agency that your contract was terminated. Giving notice to the umbrella isn't a resignation in that sense, it's more you telling them that you no longer need their services.

Sadly the furlough payment scheme doesn't seem to work well with the umbrella model but I've not quite gotten to the bottom of why.
    Partly because of confusion over who is and isn't an employee and therefore how the scope of the furloughing works

Partly because the umbrella only has their fee income, all the other money comes out of the labours of the worker.

Partly because many (most?) use a NMW salary plus "bonus" payments which fall foul of the same logic as dividends.

AIUI - I am by no means an expert in their machinations!

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I think you'll be ok as you'll have communication from the client/agency that your contract was terminated. Giving notice to the umbrella isn't a resignation in that sense, it's more you telling them that you no longer need their services.

Sadly the furlough payment scheme doesn't seem to work well with the umbrella model but I've not quite gotten to the bottom of why.

Leave a comment:

• steveclv
    started a topic Umbrella: how do I handle this?

Umbrella: how do I handle this?

So I have worked through the umbrella for the last 2 years and my contract was terminated last friday. The Unbrella is saying no to furloughing as they cannot afford to do it but are now asking me to give them notice.
    I was under the impression that if I resign then it could affect benefits?
    Should I ask them to terminate me?

Thanks for any guidance

Working...
X