• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Phone interviews during day while on client site"

Collapse

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    If it takes you an hour to have a dump, you might need to consult a doctor. Make sure you get permission from your boss first, though.
    He might be able to put it through for sick pay.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    Well I dont tend to let them know when I go for a dump either though.
    If it takes you an hour to have a dump, you might need to consult a doctor. Make sure you get permission from your boss first, though.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Combine the two. Problem solved.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    If the client is controlling exactly what I'm doing, or it may impact my ability to deliver, then yes. Why wouldn't you be honest with the client?

Leave a comment:

• GillsMan
    replied
    You tell client just popping out for an hour - got an interview?
    Of course! Although I wouldn't use the word interview, a) because I don't have interviews, I have meetings, and b) because there's no need to be that specific.

"Just popping out for 45 minutes for a call. See you in a bit". There, easy.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    If the client is controlling exactly what I'm doing, or it may impact my ability to deliver, then yes. Why wouldn't you be honest with the client?
    A phone interview is also useful evidence of active seeking of employment when it comes to signing on.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    You're working a professional working day and really ought to be able to manage this. I had a phone interview requested last week on a day when I was running a workshop all day, so we arranged another time. If they had insisted on that day only, I would have passed and missed the opportunity. Can't win them all, but really no cause for drama.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Call me unprofessional but I have telephone interviews whenever it suits me regardless of whether or not it's in the morning before lunch or afternoon, no one has ever had a problem with it.

Leave a comment:

• psychocandy
    replied
    Originally posted by speling bee View Post
    What's the problem? After 10 minutes you make a business decision either to politely cut it short, or carry on. Then you live with that decision. It's not difficult and there really is no point in moaning about it.

Unless if course it's a worrying new trend.
    Jesus talk about milking a joke to death. To be honest, it was funny the first month you added this to every post, now its just a bit weird.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    Originally posted by The Spartan View Post
    Call me unprofessional but I have telephone interviews whenever it suits me regardless of whether or not it's in the morning before lunch or afternoon, no one has ever had a problem with it.
    Exactly. If you're running a business, your client should expect that sometimes you take business calls.

Leave a comment:

• The Spartan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• BoredBloke
    replied
    I got my current role based purely on a phone interview. I went and sat in my car to do it - my phone dropped out part way through because where I was based as a bit out in the sticks. I've no problem with them. Its better than being dragged to the other side of the country just so that they can see what you look like.

Leave a comment:

• speling bee
    replied
    No I'm moaning because they refused to do it any other time, I said it was awkward but agreed if it was 10 mins tops. 30 mins later it was still going strong...

I remember I had worse with a Bob agency and client once. Went and sat in my car, waited 15 mins for call. Gave up and went back into office. 90 mins later I had a few missed calls that I couldnt take but no message left (unknown number).

2 hours later agency phoned me to say client werent happy I wasnt available for phone interview! **** off nobheads.
    What's the problem? After 10 minutes you make a business decision either to politely cut it short, or carry on. Then you live with that decision. It's not difficult and there really is no point in moaning about it.

Unless if course it's a worrying new trend.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Ummm. If someone says we'd like to speak to you, I say I can give you longer at this time, but at the time you want Im limited, then they say no problem we understand, promise 10 mins only, why would I expect it to go on longer?
    But evidently, you could give longer than ten minutes. If you have told them you have a time limit, and cannot enforce that, then I'd suggest looking in the mirror before you start blaming the interviewer for wanting to interview you and you not stopping it happening.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X