• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Interview/Applying from a foriegn location"

Collapse

• MojoDog
    replied
    Originally posted by jtnkathuria View Post
    Well, isn't that obvious. they were illlegals.
    Not sure what their status has to do with anything? They were human beings who were obviously so desperate to escape the situation in wherever their homeland was that they were prepared to suffer the hardships and risks of illegal passage to the UK.

After a time they discovered it was not for them and that can happen to anyone.

I wish you luck in your quest but I have to say that you seem to be clutching at straws in the hope that a magic contract will appear and all your dreams will come true when the one piece of consistent advice you have been given is to get a permanent role with an employer who will sponsor you.

Leave a comment:

• jtnkathuria
    replied
    Originally posted by TheFaQQer View Post
    At one client I worked with, one morning they opened up the delivery lorry at the warehouse and two illegals jumped out and ran off.

Two days later, they handed themselves into the police, having found that waking up in a trading estate just outside Accrington wasn't quite the "roads are paved with gold" that they were expecting...
    Well, isn't that obvious. they were illlegals.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    I've worked with various people from around the world who find they disliked being in the UK or stuck in the part they worked.
    At one client I worked with, one morning they opened up the delivery lorry at the warehouse and two illegals jumped out and ran off.

Two days later, they handed themselves into the police, having found that waking up in a trading estate just outside Accrington wasn't quite the "roads are paved with gold" that they were expecting...

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Can anybody throw a light on this? Anybody aware?
    I refer you to the posts at the beginning of the thread that warn you what happens if you go down that route.

Get yourself a permanent employer who will sponsor you.

You may not like the UK anyway.

I've worked with various people from around the world who find they disliked being in the UK or stuck in the part they worked.

Leave a comment:

• jtnkathuria
    replied
    Originally posted by zemoxyl View Post
    If you are genuine and really want to break into that golden market, then search on the jobsites. There clearly are some 'consultancies' offering sponsorship for relative newbies.
    Can anybody throw a light on this? Anybody aware?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Interview/Applying from a foriegn location

Originally posted by stek View Post
    It's a long standing joke...

http://www.ukpermits.com/employers/sponsorship-license

Just like the Highly Trusted Colleges that are equally dodgy and don't last five minutes...
    I'm going for a plan d. Especially as it seems that if I don't pay them they not reach that magic salary of £20,000

Just need to work out how to set the chain between end client co and the sponsoring agency so that the money is suitably lost.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    What exactly does an A-rating mean and who creates those ratings. I can't imagine UKBA offers ratings by company (Ministerial heads would roll if they did) so where is this A-rating coming from?
    It's a long standing joke...

http://www.ukpermits.com/employers/sponsorship-license

Just like the Highly Trusted Colleges that are equally dodgy and don't last five minutes...

Leave a comment:

• jtnkathuria
    replied
    Originally posted by eek View Post
    What exactly does an A-rating mean and who creates those ratings. I can't imagine UKBA offers ratings by company (Ministerial heads would roll if they did) so where is this A-rating coming from?
    Below is the link for the same.
    https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...2014-05-07.pdf

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    I reiterate, i do not want to do anything. I just came here for information. Hope you get it.

Thanks for the warning Stevie.

Guys. I respectfully thank you for your insights but somehow why everyone is pounding on me? To be really frank, it is flaw in UKBA process that these companies get A-rating for sponsorship. I just came here to do the homework and inquiry. Seems i am done with it. I hope next time if someone comes for some questions spirits remain good.

Leave a comment:

• jtnkathuria
    replied
    Originally posted by Scruff View Post
    You cannot do what you intend doing - it is not legal.

You can only get sponsored by the END client, not the Agency. If there any agencies telling you otherwise, then it is not likely that they are telling you the truth, since as long as they can get money from you, they don't care...

I am sorry that it is has taken so long to answer you without adding to your confusion, which seems to multiply every time someone gives you the answer that you don't like.
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    You may not like the answers, but they're entirely truthful according to the law as it stands.

What you want to do is against the law and if you do attempt it I sincerely hope you're caught at it. The law is there for a reason, trying to circumvent it can and should lead to circumstances.
    I reiterate, i do not want to do anything. I just came here for information. Hope you get it.

Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    1. You won't have a contract anymore.
    2. The Agency will get a big fine and there will be a high probability you won't get paid for the work you have done. Getting your money will nearly be impossible - See 4. On a side note even if you don't get caught the agency may just decide not to pay your last invoice anyway. What are you going to do about it - See 4.
    3. You won't be able to pay your bills; thus ruining any chance of getting credit in the UK in the future.
    4. They will invite you to leave the country and they will flag up your passport as visa abuser.
    5. Next time you try to enter the UK they won't let you in.

You are setting yourself up for a massive fail.
    Thanks for the warning Stevie.

Guys. I respectfully thank you for your insights but somehow why everyone is pounding on me? To be really frank, it is flaw in UKBA process that these companies get A-rating for sponsorship. I just came here to do the homework and inquiry. Seems i am done with it. I hope next time if someone comes for some questions spirits remain good.

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    1. You won't have a contract anymore.
    2. The Agency will get a big fine and there will be a high probability you won't get paid for the work you have done. Getting your money will nearly be impossible - See 4. On a side note even if you don't get caught the agency may just decide not to pay your last invoice anyway. What are you going to do about it - See 4.
    3. You won't be able to pay your bills; thus ruining any chance of getting credit in the UK in the future.
    4. They will invite you to leave the country and they will flag up your passport as visa abuser.
    5. Next time you try to enter the UK they won't let you in.

You are setting yourself up for a massive fail.
    on 2. they could equally well never pay you and see how long they can delay payment and then skip straight to 4....

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Sorry if you guys think so. I didn't have any of that intention.
    I get if i do anything illegal what are the consequences but is there is no harm understanding what things can lead to that, right?

thank you all for the suggestions.
    You may not like the answers, but they're entirely truthful according to the law as it stands.

What you want to do is against the law and if you do attempt it I sincerely hope you're caught at it. The law is there for a reason, trying to circumvent it can and should lead to circumstances.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    You cannot do what you intend doing - it is not legal.

You can only get sponsored by the END client, not the Agency. If there any agencies telling you otherwise, then it is not likely that they are telling you the truth, since as long as they can get money from you, they don't care...

I am sorry that it is has taken so long to answer you without adding to your confusion, which seems to multiply every time someone gives you the answer that you don't like.

Leave a comment:

• jtnkathuria
    replied
    Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    You seem to want other posters to say this is a legal way of working for an agency/consultancy. It isn't.

There are ways of working in the UK legally but they involve being taken on as a permanent employee and the employer finding you the work NOT the other way round.

Yes.

Read the previous posts again and take time to understand them. You risk being banned from the UK for 10 years if you go down the current route you are pursuing.
    Sorry if you guys think so. I didn't have any of that intention.
    I get if i do anything illegal what are the consequences but is there is no harm understanding what things can lead to that, right?

thank you all for the suggestions.

Leave a comment:

• Scruff
    replied
    Dear Mods

Can you please move this post into General, so that NLUK and a few others can reply without being banned?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X