• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Going direct with client (different position from agency)"

Collapse

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Originally posted by Gti182 View Post
    For the users who've been kind enough to answer with useful straightforward answers i say thank you.

For the rest i've found the forum experience extremely poor and will no longer be an active member. Like i said in a previous post you not doing the forum any favours with snooty replies which don't offer any value.
    Bummer

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    thanks for most of the comments so far

For information purposes I use an external accountancy company to handle all my limited company affairs as i can't be bothered to do it myself
    So why don't you ask the people that run your company what to do?

And while you're at it, ask the about the MSC legislation and how badly screwed you are.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    For the users who've been kind enough to answer with useful straightforward answers i say thank you.

For the rest i've found the forum experience extremely poor and will no longer be an active member. Like i said in a previous post you not doing the forum any favours with snooty replies which don't offer any value.
    But you are wrong. You can ask a question and we can hand hold you at every step of the way or you can be pointed to a resource (that you should really have looked at first) that has all the answers to all the questions you have and the ones you haven't thought of yet. Someone holding your hand doesn't help you fully understand the situation, which in turn leads to more questions and we get a bit tired of it. The thread has 74000 views. Do you think we would be happy answering the same question 74k times because people won't do a bit of research?

It's a big bad world up there, sometimes you have to step up and stand on your own I am afraid.

Leave a comment:

• Gti182
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by kal View Post
    Quite! Let me guess, are they offering a fully complaint QC approved solution giving you risk free %85+ returns
    And they require you to pay your CT to them and they will submit it on your behalf?

Leave a comment:

• kal
    replied
    Originally posted by Bunk View Post
    Oh dear.
    Quite! Let me guess, are they offering a fully complaint QC approved solution giving you risk free %85+ returns

Leave a comment:

• Bunk
    replied

For information purposes I use an external accountancy company to handle all my limited company affairs as i can't be bothered to do it myself
    Oh dear.

Leave a comment:

• Gti182
    replied

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    You should do whatever is the best for your business, based on a careful consideration of the facts and an understanding of what you are agreeing to.

If you cannot do that without strangers on the internet telling you how to run your business, then you deserve everything coming to you.

READ THE LEGISLATION. READ THE STICKY LIKE 74000 OTHER PEOPLE HAVE. ACT LIKE A BUSINESS FFS.
    As it happens, the sticky has been read by the old man 74,000 times. Get your facts right.

Leave a comment:

• northernladyuk
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    8 out 10 young padawan. We like the bold but you need to put the link to how to search to complete the education.

There you go, love:

CUK ****ing moron search function

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    hmmm ok... pretty sure you not doing the forum any favours here with posts such as this especially to a new user.
    He's telling you to use the forum properly.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    ah ok, my terms probably not by the book but you get the idea
    And so will HMRC when they come investigate your relationship with your employer/client.

If you are going to be a business at least start to think like one.

Leave a comment:

• Gti182
    replied
    Originally posted by DirtyDog View Post
    You should do whatever is the best for your business, based on a careful consideration of the facts and an understanding of what you are agreeing to.

If you cannot do that without strangers on the internet telling you how to run your business, then you deserve everything coming to you.

READ THE LEGISLATION. READ THE STICKY LIKE 74000 OTHER PEOPLE HAVE. ACT LIKE A BUSINESS FFS.
    hmmm ok... pretty sure you not doing the forum any favours here with posts such as this especially to a new user.

Originally posted by Antman View Post
    NLUK refers to permie ways of thinking coming through in the language we use, boss v. client, job v. assignment etc. and the effect this has on how you view contracting issues eg. ir35, emp rights etc.
    ah ok, my terms probably not by the book but you get the idea
    Last edited by Gti182; 28 February 2014, 15:03.

Leave a comment:

• Antman
    replied
    NLUK refers to permie ways of thinking coming through in the language we use, boss v. client, job v. assignment etc. and the effect this has on how you view contracting issues eg. ir35, emp rights etc.

Leave a comment:

• DirtyDog
    replied
    Taking the above into consideration should i opt in or opt out of regulation 32? Still not 100% sure what this relates to

Leave a comment:

Working...
X