• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Expenses Query......"

Collapse

• DS23
    replied
    or… i'll do it for 30%

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Do what SueEllen says - start by filling in the damned form and submitting it!! No form, no pay.

I edited "damned" out of my comment.

If any of my family members' act this foolishly I would leave them to it.....

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Originally posted by thelurker View Post
    Agency emailed me to say.......................

xxx has left the CSU and its been too long so we cannot pay you
    Do what SueEllen says - start by filling in the damned form and submitting it!! No form, no pay.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    ***Updated***

There is nothing in my contract to state there is a time limit to submit claim.

How best to proceed with this?

The agency is Hays
    Why didn't you take the advice given in December to complete the form then? Even permies have to do paperwork in their own time to ensure their employer pays their expenses.

I suggest you complete the paperwork and submit it with a letter pointing out there is no time limit in your contract in sending in expense claims and invoices, and you expect to be paid within 28 days. Send the letter by at least recorded signed for delivery (next day delivery is better) and keep a copy of it and the expense form. This is so if you have to take the agency to court you have a record that you send everything in from a third party.

And yes you have to pay for the delivery method yourself.

The agent may phone you up and tell them you they aren't paying, or may ignore you but either way you are going to have to sit it out for 28 days.

After the 28 days are over then chase them up as a bad debt. Search for dunning on these forums.

Leave a comment:

• thelurker
    replied
    ***Updated***

There is nothing in my contract to state there is a time limit to submit claim.

How best to proceed with this?

The agency is Hays
    Last edited by thelurker; 14 February 2014, 15:52. Reason: Edit

Leave a comment:

• SpontaneousOrder
    replied
    Complete form in my own time to get paid or………….?
    What does this mean?

When else would you complete your paperwork?

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Didn't someone ask this exact question a while back?

I would have thought that the company would have explained what you need to do but hey ho if you want the money the paperwork has to be in their format

Leave a comment:

• Andy Hallett
    replied
    Don't do a Dennis McShane.

Leave a comment:

• Platypus
    replied
    If you are hinting that you would like to charge for the time taken to fill in the forms, forget it.

One of the "benefits" of being a contractor is all the forms and paperwork that must be completed in your own (unpaid) time

EDIT: Clare beat me to it !

Leave a comment:

• Clare@InTouch
    replied
    Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
    I don't think there is an 'or'
    Agreed - the agency aren't going to pay you for your time in completing your own admin tasks, any more than they would pay you for completing your own bookkeeping.

Leave a comment:

• LisaContractorUmbrella
    replied
    I don't think there is an 'or'

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Recently came to the end of a short contract, which involved visiting NHS sites on a daily basis

The agency told me to make a note of mileages and sites visit and the client would male payment.

After a couple of weeks of visiting GP sites (sometimes visiting 10 different sites daily) I submitted a paper copy of the sites visited.

The end client said they are not paying as I have not submitted claim using their own template.

The agency hadn’t told me about this. As gig has finished it means filling form out in my own time.

Where do I stand with this?

Does it make a difference I opted in/out of 2003 agencies act?

Thanks
    I'd have sorted "how to claim" after the first week. Just fill their form in and don't forget to add the VAT (assuming you're VAT registered)

Leave a comment:

• thelurker
    started a topic Expenses Query......

Expenses Query......

Recently came to the end of a short contract, which involved visiting NHS sites on a daily basis

The agency told me to make a note of mileages and sites visit and the client would male payment.

After a couple of weeks of visiting GP sites (sometimes visiting 10 different sites daily) I submitted a paper copy of the sites visited.

The end client said they are not paying as I have not submitted claim using their own template.

The agency hadn’t told me about this. As gig has finished it means filling form out in my own time.

Where do I stand with this?

Does it make a difference I opted in/out of 2003 agencies act?

Thanks

Working...
X