• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to start with Salesforce?"

Collapse

• Ticktock
    replied
    I do a lot of work on Salesforce (not as a developer, mostly training, some BA-Lite).

I have over 11 years training experience, 5 years Salesforce experience and 0 qualifications. The qualifications are piss-easy to pass, but they're simply another revenue stream, what with needing constant refreshing, and I don't need them to find work. If a client said they wouldn't consider me without the qualifications then I'd spend a couple of hours to do the online tests.

Really you need to find a permie job to build up the experience first. From my (very limited) understanding of Salesforce coding it's like customised java or summat, however learning the language is only part of it. You also need to understand some of the limitations of Salesforce from a technical, a business and a user perspective, get the Salesforce "mindset" as to what it is meant to do for businesses, etc. All of the dev teams I've worked with at clients are much more engaged with the business than I'd have previously expected, not just coders locked in a darkened room where they belong.
    Last edited by Ticktock; 4 December 2013, 15:49. Reason: Just realised another year has gone by.

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    wait I have seen an advert on jobserve

Originally posted by eek View Post
    Yes because you would be someone with no professional experience with certificates....
    Consultant Salesforce developer wanted £500 a day - No experience required !!!

No Hang on, my mistake it says 5 Years exp required

Im reading a book about vets, I think I will apply for a top Vet consultant job

Starting to get the drift ?

You will need to go to the darkside for a few years to get some experience

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by kantori View Post
    Or I will be still treated like with no professional experience (but with certificates)?

Adam
    Yes because you would be someone with no professional experience with certificates....
    Last edited by eek; 4 December 2013, 16:14.

Leave a comment:

• kantori
    replied
    Originally posted by tarbera View Post
    Step 1 - Pass the Admin and Development Exams with sales force if you are serious.
    Let's say I will. Is it enough to get to a Salesforce company and start working on a projects? Or I will be still treated like with no professional experience (but with certificates)?

Adam

Leave a comment:

• tarbera
    replied
    Parcelforce may be more suited to your skillset at the moment.

Originally posted by kantori View Post
    Hi

I have 12 years of experience as web developer (PHP, MySQL, jQuery etc) with IT education (IT and business analyst) looking for a job as a (junior) Salesforce developer. But I have no experience in Salesforce.

I started learing Salesforce by my own, but it's a long way to go. And it's still no professional expericence.

I've sent my CV to different Salesforce companies, but with no luck. All job positions require one or two years of experience, but to gain such?

Sorry for my English...

Adam

Step 1 - Pass the Admin and Development Exams with sales force if you are serious.

Leave a comment:

• kantori
    started a topic How to start with Salesforce?

How to start with Salesforce?

Hi

I have 12 years of experience as web developer (PHP, MySQL, jQuery etc) with IT education (IT and business analyst) looking for a job as a (junior) Salesforce developer. But I have no experience in Salesforce.

I started learing Salesforce by my own, but it's a long way to go. And it's still no professional expericence.

I've sent my CV to different Salesforce companies, but with no luck. All job positions require one or two years of experience, but to gain such?

Sorry for my English...

Adam

Working...
X