• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Contracting in Tunbridge Wells"

Collapse

• Zero Liability
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    If renting, make sure you have some way of terminating early (or just have a month rolling contract). Quite hard if there is high rental demand as agents and/or landlords will usually want you to commit to 6+ months.
    Or 12. But if you find them a replacement tenant they may let you out of it.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    Originally posted by rurffy View Post
    thanks guys - i am contemplating renting a place for that same price - but well getting even difficult to find some decent place with out funny people in it - i hate house share. (just a personal preference anyways.)

Thanks - ild keep looking.
    If renting, make sure you have some way of terminating early (or just have a month rolling contract). Quite hard if there is high rental demand as agents and/or landlords will usually want you to commit to 6+ months.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    SpareRoom for me every time (usually after a week in hotels to work out where the nice areas are)

Leave a comment:

• rurffy
    replied
    Originally posted by kingcook View Post
    I worked in Tunbridge Wells a year or 2 ago. I stayed in the Travelodge on Mount Ephraim. If you book (and pay) in advance by a least a few weeks you can get some good deals. I got as low as £15/night at some parts of the year when they had special deals on, but had to pay 2 or 3 months upfront (risky - but a lot cheaper).

There was another place I stayed at in the next town, too, basic but cheap. Can't remember the name of it but could find out if you like.

I know another contractor onsite rented a flat very close to the town centre, he paid £600/mth for it.

Quite a nice place actually, they have a park near the centre (crap in the winter of course) and loads of pubs
    thanks guys - i am contemplating renting a place for that same price - but well getting even difficult to find some decent place with out funny people in it - i hate house share. (just a personal preference anyways.)

Thanks - ild keep looking.

Leave a comment:

• kingcook
    replied
    I worked in Tunbridge Wells a year or 2 ago. I stayed in the Travelodge on Mount Ephraim. If you book (and pay) in advance by a least a few weeks you can get some good deals. I got as low as £15/night at some parts of the year when they had special deals on, but had to pay 2 or 3 months upfront (risky - but a lot cheaper).

There was another place I stayed at in the next town, too, basic but cheap. Can't remember the name of it but could find out if you like.

I know another contractor onsite rented a flat very close to the town centre, he paid £600/mth for it.

Quite a nice place actually, they have a park near the centre (crap in the winter of course) and loads of pubs
    Last edited by kingcook; 27 November 2013, 18:20. Reason: Didn't mean to quote eek!

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Originally posted by rurffy View Post
    Hiya,

New contract in Tunbridge wells area – any one contracting there? I kinda live far away – got a Telecoms gig in Tuns area – I don’t know hotels around. Anyone have any idea how to go about it – or do you have a flat to rent in that area?

Please let me know - thanks in advance.

P.S – for hotels , I know I have to google (but just wondering if anyone knows a cheaper means)
    Monday to Friday lets tunbridge wells. Rooms to rent during the week. Weekday Lets

as for hotels find one you like and ask what discount you can get for a long term booking.

Leave a comment:

• rurffy
    started a topic Contracting in Tunbridge Wells

Contracting in Tunbridge Wells

Hiya,

New contract in Tunbridge wells area – any one contracting there? I kinda live far away – got a Telecoms gig in Tuns area – I don’t know hotels around. Anyone have any idea how to go about it – or do you have a flat to rent in that area?

Please let me know - thanks in advance.

P.S – for hotels , I know I have to google (but just wondering if anyone knows a cheaper means)

Working...
X