• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Anyone know anything about an HP Labs fixed term contract?"

Collapse

• Cenobite
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Do a search on the forums for FTC. We have been over them a number of times. Use the google method though as the search on here won't pick it up.
    Cheers. I'm familiar with fixed term contracts because I had a company try it on with me before. I just hoped HP's idea of a FTC might be different, but alas not it seems.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Do a search on the forums for FTC. We have been over them a number of times. Use the google method though as the search on here won't pick it up.

Leave a comment:

• Cenobite
    replied
    Originally posted by v8gaz View Post
    FTFY
    Ha! Yeah I think I meant treat you like a permie, but what you've put is equally applicable!

I managed to get hold of someone from HP who I met once and it seems like their FTC thing is basically permie, except they want to give you a new contract every two years so you never get any employee rights. I wouldn't mind but it'll be rubbish permie money too.

If you ever find yourself filling out a huge Web application for a "fixed term contract" save yourself the time and don't!

Leave a comment:

• v8gaz
    replied
    Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
    • treat you like a contractor; and
    • pay you like a permie

FTFY

Leave a comment:

• Cenobite
    replied
    Originally posted by bless 'em all View Post
    Anything from Data Centres to Brown Sauce and all the bits in between.
    Ha! Yeah I suppose I meant to say does anyone know what Hewlett Packard's idea of a fixed term contract comprises.

Leave a comment:

• CoolCat
    replied
    Most of the profits come from printer ink, everything else is a side issue

Leave a comment:

• bless 'em all
    replied
    Originally posted by Cenobite View Post
    does anyone out there know about what HP do?
    Anything from Data Centres to Brown Sauce and all the bits in between.

Leave a comment:

• Anyone know anything about an HP Labs fixed term contract?

It's early days yet but I've applied through a Web form for a "fixed term contract" of two years on HP's Web site. It's such early days I've got no contact to ask what their idea of a FTC is. At other companies I've seen FTCs, rang up about them and found out they want to:
    • treat you like a permie; and
    • pay you like a permie

So basically it looks like there's not a lot in it for you.

I can't find this out about the HP Labs contract yet but does anyone out there know about what HP do?

Working...
X