• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "C++ Unix Banking Market London"

Collapse

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by proggy View Post
    I thought banking was all .NET/C# now?
    Nah, a lot of the GUI stuff is but the core systems are pretty much all C++ and C. At least one bank also still uses MFC and another uses a GUI which is so old the successor to it is no longer supported!

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    replied
    no there is always projects out there.

hmmm might be easing up. I have a perm opportunity on my door step. Looks quite good, online co with computer center, want to revamp the app.

Wondering about zipping off to London if things are beginning to pick up, try and get a decent contract.

Leave a comment:

• proggy
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post
    Any C++ Unix banking bods looking for work. What´s the market like in London?

Is it really difficult?
    I thought banking was all .NET/C# now?

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Originally posted by BlasterBates View Post

Is it really difficult?
    I have had a couple of calls, even though I already have a place and am not interested, they are both perm ones though.

Leave a comment:

• BlasterBates
    started a topic C++ Unix Banking Market London

C++ Unix Banking Market London

Is it really difficult?

Working...
X