• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Chinese

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Chinese"

Collapse

• DimPrawn
    replied
    Fujian Quanlong Germents & Umbrella Co,. Ltd. It specializes in manufacturing various kinds of umbrellas, including folding umbrellas , beach umbrellas, golf umbrellas , advertising gift umbrellas, POE /EVA umbrellas, ect. It also can be customized by the customers.

No, limited is still better.

Leave a comment:

• Shirley Lin
    replied
    sell any kind of umbrella

Fujian Quanlong Germents & Umbrella Co,. Ltd. locates in the “China Umbrella Capital”--Dongshi Town of Jinjiang City. It is an umbrella producing enterprise that gathers design, development and manufacture. Since foundation ,our company has been facing the sharp market competition . The company exists by the high quality ,and develops by the exploiture. Our products are favored by spacious people.
    The company adopts the advanced production equipments, and possesses of a number of high educational staffs。It has the modern model of production and management and uses the high quality materials. It specializes in manufacturing various kinds of umbrellas, including folding umbrellas , beach umbrellas, golf umbrellas , advertising gift umbrellas, POE /EVA umbrellas, ect. It also can be customized by the customers. The advantage of the products is novel design, high quality, and convenient to take. The products are sold well in domestic and abroad markets, such as Southeast Asia, Europe, America and so on.
    The management tenet of the enterprise is “ quality best, credit first”. At the same time, We enhance the management continuously , work hard to improve the grade of the products, exploit the market actively as well as attend the competition continuously.Therefore the strength of the management is enhanced rapidly and the ability is increaased geminately. We can satisfy the different requirements of the market. And provide the perfect service for the customers.
    "The quality of today, the market of tomorrow".Welcome the customers at home and abroad to patronize wholeheartedly.
    Tel:86-0595-85500638
    FAX:86-0595-85598136
    EMAIL:[email protected]
    MSN:[email protected]

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang
    Oops - should re-phrase the question: what are they like to work for? Pain in the backside or good? An agency is trying to get me to do some work for a Chinese company and they have already admitted that they "have their quirks"!! Just wondered what that meant!!
    If you like to work hard, like me, then you'll love it. Be careful with telling jokes, be sure to flag you are about to tell a joke, they can be taken quite literal at times until your workmates get to know you.

One of the constant issues I have lecturing at København University is handling new Chinese PhD students as they get seriously pissed off about how lazy the European students are, but one has to ensure mixed teams as that is one of the points of overseas students coming here.

threaded in "kambay, or is it kambai" mode

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    Originally posted by Mordac
    Yes, they're not exactly troubled by planning laws and health & safety regulations are they. I think that big dam they're just finishing was delayed by 20 mins while the army cleared the last 600 villages. It's good to know they'll be running the world fairly soon.
    Bring it on - at least they would get wembley built on time and on budget

Leave a comment:

• Chappo
    replied
    i worked in singapore once, my advice - take lots and lots and lots of business cards as EVERY fooker you meet expects one ....

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Well you know the reason they arent too bothered about safety regulations? Because there is another 2bn uncle hoes who can take your place!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by Mailman
    On the other hand, you seen how quick those buggers build skyscrapers and tunnels? Truely amazing!

Mailman
    Yes, they're not exactly troubled by planning laws and health & safety regulations are they. I think that big dam they're just finishing was delayed by 20 mins while the army cleared the last 600 villages. It's good to know they'll be running the world fairly soon.

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Originally posted by thunderlizard
    A bit. They were amazingly superstitious: if you wore an unlucky colour (can't remember what they are: red's a good one) to interview you didn't get a job.
    Not to mention the fact that if you are a woman, not chinese and ugly then you most definately WONT get the job

On the other hand, you seen how quick those buggers build skyscrapers and tunnels? Truely amazing!

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    yep supersticiuos and litteral to the most extreme.

when asking a question phrase mit in such a way that the only response is what you are expecting.

I asked one guy "can you get me x,y and z from the live system?". I did not actually ask him to do it so got SFA untill I rephrased the question

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    A bit. They were amazingly superstitious: if you wore an unlucky colour (can't remember what they are: red's a good one) to interview you didn't get a job.

Leave a comment:

• Mustang
    replied
    Oops - should re-phrase the question: what are they like to work for? Pain in the backside or good? An agency is trying to get me to do some work for a Chinese company and they have already admitted that they "have their quirks"!! Just wondered what that meant!!

Leave a comment:

• Pondlife
    replied
    <sasguru mode> No. Next.... </sasguru mode>

Leave a comment:

• Mailman
    replied
    Does driving a car in Singapore, surrounded by chinese who refuse to give way in case they lose face count?

Mailman

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Yes, I've worked on several. Beijing Light Rail project has my fondest memories.

Leave a comment:

• MrsGoof
    replied
    yep did a gig at SEHK (Stock Exchage of Hong Kong)

Leave a comment:

Working...
X