• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Accenture?

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Accenture?"

Collapse

• ballykissangel
    replied
    Yeah, I did contract work for Accenture - in the interview they lied to me about the role I would do. They told me that it would be a development role. But it turned out to be a pure support role.

They are ******* liars - well they lied to me anyway.....

Leave a comment:

• Denny
    replied
    Originally posted by Mustang
    Not worked for them but, in my current contract, I am working alongside them. I therefore dont know what pay, T&C's, etc are like but I can comment on what I see and that is: -

* Only get taught how to use Excel and Powerpoint (advanced level)
    Advanced Powerpoint? What a laugh. I wouldn't show the average ppt slides any consultancy provides, Accenture's included, to my client's cat let alone the client.

Beginners ppt. springs to mind.
    Full of dense text in teeeny weeny font size
    No idea how to bullet point their slides properly
    Jargon diahorrea.....

....Basically a pile of tulipe.

Accenture are pretty good at most things, but ppt. is not one of them.

Leave a comment:

• errorista
    replied
    works OK from here

You need to be logged in to use the database though.

regds
    err

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    Originally posted by errorista
    James appears to be experienced in failure.

Just the man for the job.

Is DreamTurbine.com broken?

Doesn't seem to be a lot there to do

Leave a comment:

• errorista
    replied
    James appears to be experienced in failure.

Just the man for the job.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    No need to worry about the introduction of ID cards for the next few decades then.

Leave a comment:

• Troll
    replied
    James Hall, the Accenture executive responsible for the firm’s £2bn contract with the NHS’s National Programme for IT, has been appointed as the first chief executive of the Identity and Passport Service.

Hall will be responsible for £5.8bn ID card programme – currently on hold pending a review as part of a “root and branch examination of the Home Office’s policies and programmes"

He will also be responsible for the work of the passport service, where the recent collapse of a new online application service – revealed in July – and the forthcoming introduction of biometric passports will present challenges ahead.

Hall is not a stranger to the difficulties of major public sector IT programmes – earlier this year Accenture announced a £260m write-off on its 10-year NPfIT contracts, predicting substantial losses on NHS work for the next three years.

Leave a comment:

• malvolio
    replied
    Fail to deliver anything, walk away without an exit strategy and still charge £100m. Sounds pretty fair to me...

Leave a comment:

• errorista
    replied
    Accidenture,

This is what they are good at?

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/19092006/22...-nhs-deal.html

Leave a comment:

• Robwg
    replied
    Is the "work till you drop" attitude the same regardless of the role?
    When I worked there (as a permie) - I used to knock off each night at 5:00.

Basically - the work to you drop thing is largely because the majority of their employees are of the 'highly enthusiastic, very career minded but not actually all that good' variety - so they have to put in the hours.

I was a technical architect on an Oracle implementation. Stayed about 2 months.

Leave a comment:

• Ardesco
    replied
    [QUOTE=Denny][QUOTE=oxtailsoup]Exactly. My role is likely to be 12 months minimum. It is verbally agreed as 12 months (as safe as the paper its written on). However the contract is for 3 months and they have a 28 notice period (I have a 7 day notice period).

No Accenture engaged contractor has a client notice period of that length. Even if your own contract with the agency says so. It's strictly 24 hours for the first month, 1 week from weeks 4-8 and 1 month after 3 months. Accenture HR Services do all the recruiting, so if you were hired via the agency through that route you need to be forwarned about this.
    Bear in mind the contract is with his agency. I would hold the agency to thier contract and bill them accordingly

Leave a comment:

• wackadu
    replied
    What roles have people had at Accenture?

Developer roles that have been outsourced? Permie consultant roles? or general roles like in HR, Finance, PMO etc.. that sort of thing?

Is the "work till you drop" attitude the same regardless of the role?

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by oxtailsoup
    the client is prestigious and appears very happy with Accenture.
    They might be happy now...

Leave a comment:

• oxtailsoup
    replied
    Well the first week went well. No problems, long hours, very switched on Project Manager, some switched off consultants. Not too bad really. Hours were very long though.

The rate is excellent and the client is prestigious and appears very happy with Accenture. I have no problems with it on my CV.

Leave a comment:

• Mordac
    replied
    Originally posted by stan2484
    I have worked as a Permie for Accenture and to be honest they are no better or worse than any other big IT company I have worked for in the past, .
    Sums it up really. I've seen most of the big ones (ooh snigger, matron) in action and they are all much of a muchness (i.e. mostly crap, some - Crap Gemini & Atos for example - crapper than others). EDS is the only one I've never had direct involvement with (I took avoidance measures from an early stage) however I know enough people who have to know they'd be on the "most crappest" list. Accidenture (for that is really their name) are better than most at extracting excess cash from their clients and themselves from litigation. Allegedly. If you have to, you have to. I wouldn't bother, the talent pool starts to get very shallow at the rates they tend to pay.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X