• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "interview fixed but no client name"

Collapse

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    Bizarre, why do they waste people's time like this? Name and shame, I say.
    So the next contractor they send a long is a match and secures the role for the agency at the highest margin for the agent.

Unfortunately for the agency while the person they spoke to may not know agency tricks, they forget that people talk to other people including contractors already on site.

Originally posted by Wanderer View Post
    If the interview was badly misrepresented then I would terminate it and turn it into a fact finding mission to understand why on earth the agent put you forward. ie, can I see the copy of my CV that you were given and why do you think they have sent me here to waste your time (and mine, just quietly)? Make sure the agency get a black mark against them.
    It's always good practise to do this with an agency OR client who wastes time.

Leave a comment:

• 2BIT
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    If you've got the address it should be a matter of a few minutes Googling to get the client name.
    then phone the agent back and say you'll have to duck out of the interview as you have another lined up, when he asks who say the clients name and let the sparks fly, when he asks which agency has put you forward say 'i'm sorry I can't tell you that and had I known who the client was I would have stopped them'

if there is a client that is...

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    Bizarre, why do they waste people's time like this? Name and shame, I say.

If the interview was badly misrepresented then I would terminate it and turn it into a fact finding mission to understand why on earth the agent put you forward. ie, can I see the copy of my CV that you were given and why do you think they have sent me here to waste your time (and mine, just quietly)? Make sure the agency get a black mark against them.

Leave a comment:

• fragglerock
    replied
    yep

http://forums.contractoruk.com/busin...t-ask-see.html

Leave a comment:

• Sid
    replied
    Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
    And what on earth was the client doing seeing you? Surely they must have known you weren't related to the role from your CV?!?!?!
    The client interviewed me directly....I don't know why they called me in the first place. Do agents "amend" CVs before sending it to clients?

Leave a comment:

• The Agents View
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Have you found out who the client is?
    And what on earth was the client doing seeing you? Surely they must have known you weren't related to the role from your CV?!?!?!

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by Sid View Post
    apparently, the client was genuine, job totally unrelated straight away from the first interview question. I have heard that agencies send across a poor match deliberately to get more info about the interviewer and the questions asked; and then send across a correct match.Understandbly, i was the scapegoat here...:-(
    Have you found out who the client is?

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    Understandbly, i was the scapegoat here...:-(
    Stalking horse, rather.
    I have been in that situation before, so you have my sympathy (as well as my pedantry!)
    tl

Leave a comment:

• Sid
    replied
    apparently, the client was genuine, job totally unrelated straight away from the first interview question. I have heard that agencies send across a poor match deliberately to get more info about the interviewer and the questions asked; and then send across a correct match.Understandbly, i was the scapegoat here...:-(

Leave a comment:

• TestMangler
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    If you've got the address it should be a matter of a few minutes Googling to get the client name.
    Exactly. If the interview actually exists and is with a client, working out who they are may be part of some initiative test

Leave a comment:

• MonzaMike
    replied
    let's hope it's not an agency interview

..that would be a waste of time

Leave a comment:

• Wanderer
    replied
    He was willing to send the address of the location for a face2 face interview but without the client name....Does it look like a potentially bigger scam?
    As TykeMerc says, get the address and Google it. I don't see why the agency should be all cloak and dagger about this. It makes one suspicious that they are inviting you for a bogus interview with an agency rather than a real job and then someone else just happens to drop in and try to sell you a timeshare or some other tulip.

That said, there could also be a genuine reason for it. You have to go on the gut feeling and perhaps also consider that before you find the handsome prince, you're going to have to kiss a few frogs.

Leave a comment:

• Jeebo72
    replied
    Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    Possibly, there is no interview.

Just a new version of the 'I need two references' scam.
    Yip, I had this one last year...

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    He was willing to send the address of the location for a face2 face interview but without the client name....Does it look like a potentially bigger scam?

Leave a comment:

• MarillionFan
    replied
    It's possible. If he does then name and shame on here.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X