• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Rates down the drain"

Collapse

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by The Agents View View Post
    It could be worse...you could be trusting us with all of your earnings, the administration of your contract, and ultimately only have an agreement to be contracted to us........

Oh wait a minute.........
    The way some agents would like to work, we would be lucky to see the money.

Leave a comment:

• The Agents View
    replied
    Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
    Trust an agent? Hmmmmm.
    It could be worse...you could be trusting us with all of your earnings, the administration of your contract, and ultimately only have an agreement to be contracted to us........

Oh wait a minute.........

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Oh yes - and if you want taking off the other blacklists, you only need to pay me £95.

<sigh>
    I'll do it for £450. I need a day to get it done.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Oh yes - and if you want taking off the other blacklists, you only need to pay me £95.

<sigh>
    Trust an agent? Hmmmmm.

Leave a comment:

• The Agents View
    replied
    You know what to do.

<sigh>

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    I would have to kill you if I told you.
    I thought you were my sockie? Now I'm really confused.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Originally posted by MrMark View Post
    I wish you'd stop posting this - I'm starting to believe it
    You know what to do.

Leave a comment:

• MrMark
    replied
    Trying to deflect the truth with irony are we?

The fact is that the OP is probably on the intra-agency 'greylist'. As has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, for £100 I can assure the OP's name is taken off, as I have kept a back door open from a previous contract with the shell company.
    I wish you'd stop posting this - I'm starting to believe it

Leave a comment:

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    ...The only conspiracy is that companies are reducing their rates so they only become attractive to Bob's.. i.e. you.....
    This doesn't make any sense. You mean with the higher rates, the companies weren't attractive to Bob?
    OR
    you really meant to say:
    "...companies are reducing their rates so they only remain attractive to Bob's... "

.. i.e. you.....
    Geez. how did you guess?
    Last edited by yetanotherbob; 29 September 2010, 15:27.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    So you're in on it too? How deep does it go?
    I would have to kill you if I told you.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    The only conspiracy is that companies are reducing their rates so they only become attractive to Bob's.. i.e. you. That is why you are seeing rates drop.
    So you're in on it too? How deep does it go?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
    Interesting perspective. Quite likely.
    They look at my profile, find out more about what i've done, and then go look for cheaper alternatives -(after talking to me they know what i've done and what to look for).
    Or worse, some might steal content from my CV and pack it into their others' profiles (based on their 'detailed filtering conversation' with me)
    I don't even know why I am replying to this stupid sockie but to go with the flow......

To the OP... You ARE the cheaper alternative. That's why rates appear to be dropping and you think there is a conspiracy. The only conspiracy is that companies are reducing their rates so they only become attractive to Bob's.. i.e. you. That is why you are seeing rates drop.

Leave a comment:

• yetanotherbob
    replied
    The fact is that the OP is probably on the intra-agency 'greylist'.
    Interesting perspective. Quite likely.
    They look at my profile, find out more about what i've done, and then go look for cheaper alternatives -(after talking to me they know what i've done and what to look for).
    Or worse, some might steal content from my CV and pack it into their others' profiles (based on their 'detailed filtering conversation' with me)

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    Yes. There's a complete consipiracy. Every company in the whole of the UK has made a commitment not to hire YOU (not anyone else) for more than £400 per day, forever. There's an internal, secret, underground communication line from every business in the UK to a central point, and you've been targeted.

Either that, or you're simply finding out what you're actually worth now that organisations have to think about their spending.

Trying to deflect the truth with irony are we?

The fact is that the OP is probably on the intra-agency 'greylist'. As has been discussed elsewhere on this forum, for £100 I can assure the OP's name is taken off, as I have kept a back door open from a previous contract with the shell company.

Leave a comment:

• The Agents View
    replied
    Originally posted by yetanotherbob View Post
    Friends, i've been observing something extremely peculiar - seems like a conspiracy.
    I understand demand and supply but seems like every company has conspired to keep rates at a certain figure (hint: <400).
    In my skills area I hear a large consultancy has been hiring out bob @330 a day - so where it used to be 500 quid a day is now driven down massively (I even got a call for 200 and I almost abused the pimp there).
    Insist on more than that and I never hear from them - after superb interviews and project experience;.
    I'm now almost ready to hit permiedom (at such a young age!) @70k (incl bonus + bens. in the city).
    Yes. There's a complete consipiracy. Every company in the whole of the UK has made a commitment not to hire YOU (not anyone else) for more than £400 per day, forever. There's an internal, secret, underground communication line from every business in the UK to a central point, and you've been targeted.

Either that, or you're simply finding out what you're actually worth now that organisations have to think about their spending.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X