• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gateways + Project Management + Civil Service"

Collapse

• Mustang
    replied
    Originally posted by marple View Post
    |They are specific milestones in central government projects.
    They are briefly touched upon in the MSP course...........

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    They are Gateways if you want to get a job working on them.

Google it.

(And if you say 'that's not a gateway process' it'll be your last post before I wipe your login...)

And while you're at it...

or even this.

Leave a comment:

• Old Greg
    replied
    I have come to the conclusion that it is gates and not gateways, I have discovered 5 gates which are used by the DWP

Gate 0 - project start up business case
    PDR - prelim design review
    CDR - critical design review
    ORR - operational readiness review
    EPR - end of project review

The logic behind this is easy enough to understand for anyone over the age of five

So with 23 years solid public sector experience behind me I don't get teh job cos I have never heard of these processes

J
    I have been involved peripherally in gateway reviews, when I was working within the NHS National Programme for IT (NPfIT). They are an external (I have a feeling the NAO may be involved, but that might be wrong as it was a few years ago), series of 'gateways' / checkpoints, that an expensive (can't remember sums involved) public project must poass through before being allowed to the next stage.

Something like that, anyway.

Leave a comment:

• marple
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Hey, Google shows that someone on a forum has asked that very same question - have you checked there?
    which forum

Leave a comment:

• marple
    replied
    I have come to the conclusion that it is gates and not gateways, I have discovered 5 gates which are used by the DWP

Gate 0 - project start up business case
    PDR - prelim design review
    CDR - critical design review
    ORR - operational readiness review
    EPR - end of project review

The logic behind this is easy enough to understand for anyone over the age of five

So with 23 years solid public sector experience behind me I don't get teh job cos I have never heard of these processes

J

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Hey, Google shows that someone on a forum has asked that very same question - have you checked there?

Leave a comment:

• NickNick
    replied
    When you type that into Google, your post is returned. Heh.

At a guess though are they not talking about the Gates in Prince 2?

Leave a comment:

• kaiser78
    replied
    Hi

Any PM's out there who know what gateways are - apparently they are specific milestones in central government projects. Went for an interview this week as a infrastructure PM but failed as I didn't know anything about "gateways" which would of been apparent from my CV.

John
    Here's a novel idea - type central government project gateways into Google and see what comes back...I have just tried this and it works !

Leave a comment:

• marple
    started a topic Gateways + Project Management + Civil Service

Gateways + Project Management + Civil Service

Hi

Any PM's out there who know what gateways are - apparently they are specific milestones in central government projects. Went for an interview this week as a infrastructure PM but failed as I didn't know anything about "gateways" which would of been apparent from my CV.

John

Working...
X