• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "PI insurance company Recommendation"

Collapse

• kingcook
    replied
    You can get £100 quidco cashback with MoreThan!

Quidco

Leave a comment:

• thunderlizard
    replied
    I use Caunce O'Hara. I probably could get it a bit cheaper elsewhere, but they are the only company I've ever heard of (albeit anecdotally and third-hand) actually paying out on a claim.

Leave a comment:

• Caunce O'Hara
    replied
    Originally posted by Scrag Meister View Post
    £250? I went with Caunce O Hara and it cost me £758 WTF, thought they were supposed to be competitive!

The PI part was £546, why so expensive?
    Hi Scrag,

PI is rated dependent on the level of cover you take and your annual turnover. The premiums can vary greatly, and start from £165.00. If you would like to clarify any details in particular, then it may be an idea to speak to Contractor UK to ensure you have the right cover and are paying the right amount.

Leave a comment:

• Contractor UK
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Come on admin!! Pull yer finger out. The OP's insurance ran out over a month ago
    Fair comment Missed this initially and the icons have now gone from the top of the page (which included insurance) so thought better add a link for anyone else searching later! Must Try Harder!

Leave a comment:

• Scrag Meister
    replied
    Originally posted by Newby View Post
    I use this lot - been good to me - quote online and you can throw in IR35 reviews by B&C if you want.

Get a quick quote from commercial insurance broker Caunce O
    £250? I went with Caunce O Hara and it cost me £758 WTF, thought they were supposed to be competitive!

The PI part was £546, why so expensive?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Contractor UK View Post
    Also look at Contractor Alliance's insurance Contractor Alliance - Part of the Contractor UK Network

It's Caunce O'Hara's insurance but with 20% off - membership of Contractor Alliance is £25 a year, so well worth a look.
    Come on admin!! Pull yer finger out. The OP's insurance ran out over a month ago

Leave a comment:

• Contractor UK
    replied
    Contractor Alliance insurance

Also look at Contractor Alliance's insurance Contractor Alliance - Part of the Contractor UK Network

It's Caunce O'Hara's insurance but with 20% off - membership of Contractor Alliance is £25 a year, so well worth a look.

Leave a comment:

• Newby
    replied
    Caunce O'Hara

I use this lot - been good to me - quote online and you can throw in IR35 reviews by B&C if you want.

Get a quick quote from commercial insurance broker Caunce O

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by Hotlatte View Post
    Good Morning everyone,

My Professional Liability / Indemnity insurance has come to end. I was with Simply Business for previous policy is someone able to recommend a better and possibly a cheaper insurance provider.

I know the cost of policy depends on the nature of the contract but atleast i will be able to run a comparison between price, policy based on your recommendation.

Great.

Thanks
    Try here Professional Indemnity Insurance (PI) - Quote and Buy Online

You can select a range of limits and insurance from a number of different companies.

Leave a comment:

• Sausage Surprise
    replied
    Simply Business do mine - paid £160 this year

Leave a comment:

• Hotlatte
    replied
    You have got to be kidding me? Try searching under OMFG and WTF!!!!
    heheh wannabe comedian

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Hotlatte View Post
    sorry for the trouble mate but are you able to provide full name of the company a i was not able to search under WHS?

many thank
    You have got to be kidding me? Try searching under OMFG and WTF!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Hotlatte
    replied
    WHS. Costs about 250 quid with some free contract checks thrown in.
    sorry for the trouble mate but are you able to provide full name of the company a i was not able to search under WHS?

many thank

Leave a comment:

• Hotlatte
    replied
    great Thanks for the replies so far! It would be great if one of the policies covered IR35 insurance costs too.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Mr.Whippy View Post
    I use QDOS. Happy with the service I get from them.
    WHS. Costs about 250 quid with some free contract checks thrown in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X