• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: Working abroad

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Working abroad"

Collapse

• serverlad
    replied
    how do you actually secure a contract overseas? id like to work in spain france or italy. but what agency is good for this. and does certification be attentive in securing contracts? as i have none but have 5 years commercial experience in computer networks. what ya think?

Leave a comment:

• Gunnery Sergeant Highway
    replied
    Uncle Sam can give you a job working abroad very easily.

Anyone up for it? You know what they say, join the marines and feel a man.

Leave a comment:

• pint
    replied
    Interesting stuff, seems Europe and Australia/NZ are taking the lead.

Too bad there are more countries than items allowed on the voting list.

Leave a comment:

• jamesapp
    replied
    i have a 3 month contract role for a VB.net guy in Marbella, Costa Del Sol, Southern Spain.

Rates are considerably lower than in the uk, but if you fancy a busmans holiday drop me a mail (salary on offer is High for this area so you WILL have a good time!).

You would be paid by a UK PLC so no worries about being messed about with your salary....

Fancy sitting on the beach with a drink this time next week ? (It was 70 degrees and sunny today BTW!!!!)

Leave a comment:

• bobsmithldn
    replied
    Originally posted by Joe Black
    ...the UK apparently.

Come back Milan, all is forgiven...
    Antigua, in de sun man!

Leave a comment:

• Joe Black
    replied
    And the winner is...

...the UK apparently.

Come back Milan, all is forgiven...

Leave a comment:

• Harrysp
    replied
    Cant belive no one wants to contract in India. Take the battle to em I say lads.

Leave a comment:

• Tin Pot
    replied
    Anyone got contracts in Brazil?

Leave a comment:

• boredsenseless
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck
    I've been thinking about giving a short stint in europe a try to see if I like it. The boyf's not too happy about the idea and I'll also have to figure out what to do with my house and the cat. Probably rent one and kebab the other.
    Didn't know there was a market for renting out cats

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    I've been thinking about giving a short stint in europe a try to see if I like it. The boyf's not too happy about the idea and I'll also have to figure out what to do with my house and the cat. Probably rent one and kebab the other.

Leave a comment:

• threaded
    replied
    Originally posted by t0bytoo
    I find that too much sun makes a glare on the laptop screen and it's hard to see.
    I just move around to the other side of the bar when that happens.

Leave a comment:

• t0bytoo
    replied
    I find that too much sun makes a glare on the laptop screen and it's hard to see.

Much better to put the hammock up in the shade.

Leave a comment:

• pint
    started a poll Working abroad

Working abroad

UK
    13.79%
    Europe
    25.86%
    India
    0.00%
    Dubai
    3.45%
    Asia
    3.45%
    USA
    6.90%
    Africa
    1.72%
    Australia / New ZeaLand
    25.86%
    Other
    6.90%
    No, been there. done that.
    12.07%
    Do you consider working abroad at some point?
    I would love working under the sun

Working...
X