• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Bulgaria , anyone interested in buying property here ?"

Collapse

• darmstadt
    replied
    IBM outsourced a bit of programming to Bulgaria and the guys were pretty good, both at programming and English (better than the Indians I worked with anyway)

Leave a comment:

• Peoplesoft bloke
    replied
    How are you planning on getting there? Just wondered.

Leave a comment:

• stek
    replied
    Originally posted by gooddayall View Post
    Well informed poster. But I also think bulgarians have to do some catching up in english language terms.
    Be (as in bethere.co.uk) have outsourced support to Bulgaria, and very good they are too.

Leave a comment:

• gooddayall
    replied
    Originally posted by Paddy View Post
    Bulgaria is not the poorer option. Spain is too crowded and buying property in Spain is risky due to the corruption and strange property laws. Bulgaria has much greener vegetation and does not have the same problems with water shortages as Spain suffers from.

The down side of Bulgaria is the poor road and rail infrastructure. If I was to take a gamble for buying property near the sea, I would go for somewhere like Pomorie which is picturesque but run down and will develop in holiday destination in the future.
    Well informed poster. But I also think bulgarians have to do some catching up in english language terms.
    Last edited by gooddayall; 12 April 2010, 09:08.

Leave a comment:

• gooddayall
    replied
    Originally posted by Olly View Post

If you had any good ideas then you'd be able to find Bulgarian backers - sorry to be so negative. Yes we all know Bulgarian property costs less than in the UK (notice I didn't use the word cheap)
    I do not need Bulgarian Backers. I do consider joint ventures with europeans who have interest in setting up partnership structures that provide services to the world market using outsourced personnel.

Leave a comment:

• gooddayall
    replied

I do know a couple in Varna who did take up the opportunity though and they've done well for themselves (financially)
    Where are these English Chaps in Bulgaria ? Are there any in Sofia ? I am really interested in getting in touch with some english folk here ?

I searched on facebook to no avail.
    Last edited by gooddayall; 12 April 2010, 09:06.

Leave a comment:

• Olly
    replied
    I am a bulgarian citizen and thinking of Plan B ideas I could start in Bulgaria. I may be posting later more detailed offers and open for partnerships ( investments ). Things to do here:

- Company formation : 10 % corporation tax , 5 % dividends tax ( that is right ).
    - Call center , programming outsourcing ( if someone interested - IM me )
    - ( jokingly ) Organizing fun breaks. If you know what I mean. There is great beach. Btw, 1 bedrooms on the beach starting from 21 000 Euros ... in Sunny Beach.
    I have heard there were elederly English moving in here, even talking about English villages. I guess Bulgaria is akin a poorer option for those that cant afford to retire in Spain....

I agree with some of the negative remarks though. You need a friend / buddy - someone you can trust , before deciding to do business here, mostly due to the language barrier I guess...

If you had any good ideas then you'd be able to find Bulgarian backers - sorry to be so negative. Yes we all know Bulgarian property costs less than in the UK (notice I didn't use the word cheap)

No..it's not mostly the language barrier it's mostly they're all crooks.

I know a lot of Brits in Bulgaria and many are very unhappy with how things have turned out for them.

There are plenty of outsourced programming operations in BG already (not to say there isn't room for more) I know of one in particular in Varna and the owner puts in a lot of hours but doesn't seem to earn any more than a good contract rate!

Back in the day I could see a way to make money in BG was as an estate agent...I never did because IT is my career and I think estate agents are largely scum and I couldn't sink to that level. I do know a couple in Varna who did take up the opportunity though and they've done well for themselves (financially)

Leave a comment:

• Paddy
    replied
    I am a bulgarian citizen and thinking of Plan B ideas I could start in Bulgaria. I may be posting later more detailed offers and open for partnerships ( investments ). Things to do here:

- Company formation : 10 % corporation tax , 5 % dividends tax ( that is right ).
    - ( jokingly ) Organizing fun breaks. If you know what I mean. There is great beach. Btw, 1 bedrooms on the beach starting from 21 000 Euros ... in Sunny Beach.

I have heard there were elederly English moving in here, even talking about English villages. I guess Bulgaria is akin a poorer option for those that cant afford to retire in Spain....

I agree with some of the negative remarks though. You need a friend / buddy - someone you can trust , before deciding to do business here, mostly due to the language barrier I guess...
    Bulgaria is not the poorer option. Spain is too crowded and buying property in Spain is risky due to the corruption and strange property laws. Bulgaria has much greener vegetation and does not have the same problems with water shortages as Spain suffers from.

The down side of Bulgaria is the poor road and rail infrastructure. If I was to take a gamble for buying property near the sea, I would go for somewhere like Pomorie which is picturesque but run down and will develop in holiday destination in the future.

Leave a comment:

• gooddayall
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Yeah? The talk?

well like others said, you go for it then.

So is your plan B, buying property, or building property?

Leave a comment:

• gooddayall
    replied
    Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
    We were warned of a huge influx of Bulgarian criminals but haven't noticed it yet, Poles, Estonians, Latvians seem to pop up a lot in crimes, no Bulgarians. Perhaps their crimes are just more subtle.

Anyway, did I mention about the young lady who mistook me for a pile of rubbish and pissed in my ear in Sofia? What? At least 15 times? Damn!
    Well , you should drink less , were you on a "fun-break" here ?

Leave a comment:

• jmo21
    replied
    the talk is about a new rise of house prices, the same as in the UK. The market follows Europe here...
    Yeah? The talk?

well like others said, you go for it then.

So is your plan B, buying property, or building property?

Leave a comment:

• xoggoth
    replied
    We were warned of a huge influx of Bulgarian criminals but haven't noticed it yet, Poles, Estonians, Latvians seem to pop up a lot in crimes, no Bulgarians. Perhaps their crimes are just more subtle.

Anyway, did I mention about the young lady who mistook me for a pile of rubbish and pissed in my ear in Sofia? What? At least 15 times? Damn!

Leave a comment:

• Olly
    replied
    well you go for it then!
    I've owned there for 7 years
    Have visted for a total of about 10 months in that period, probably 10 times.
    I want out and I won't be going back.

If you want to invest I'll sell you my place for 80K euro

Leave a comment:

• gooddayall
    replied

bulgarians are crooks

next
    They are tons more decent than an average agent . As for the contractors - most of them actually do work.

Leave a comment:

• gooddayall
    replied
    Originally posted by jmo21 View Post
    Guy I know bought a flat there about 4 years ago.

Within 6 months he was regretting it as property prices plummeted and even more developers started building there.
    the talk is about a new rise of house prices, the same as in the UK. The market follows Europe here...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X