• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to deal when 2 agencies contact about same job?"

Collapse

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Hey, its Friday and I got some tulip news about a role I expected to deliver. So Im in a lazy mood today.
    I can't argue with a straight answer

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    That you are already being represented elsewhere for that role.

I get this a lot in my industry as you have many agencies chasing the same roles. I've never had a problem with the agent I politley refused not coming back to me for any other roles.
    This is what I told them and they were OK with it.

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Sorry Bolshie but you should know better. This topic is done on a weekly basis if not more. It is so yawn it isn't true.

You will get two different replies. Those that will say go for it, f em, get as many chances at the gig as you can. Others will say it is not morally correct and has a possibility to come back an bite you if the second one gets you in the the first doesn't and throws teddy out of the cot.

Did you agree to the exclusivity thing they ask for? If so don't bother. It will land you in more tulip that it is worth. I am speaking from experience here. SOme will get away with it, good on them. I didn't.

If you didn't sign it and they didn't tell you the client and you can live with your morals go for btoh. You could argue you didn't know.

At end of day its up to you.
    Hey, its Friday and I got some tulip news about a role I expected to deliver. So Im in a lazy mood today.

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
    so what did you tell agent B then?
    See answer to norrahe.

Leave a comment:

• Bright Spark
    replied
    so what did you tell agent B then?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Sorry Bolshie but you should know better. This topic is done on a weekly basis if not more. It is so yawn it isn't true.

You will get two different replies. Those that will say go for it, f em, get as many chances at the gig as you can. Others will say it is not morally correct and has a possibility to come back an bite you if the second one gets you in the the first doesn't and throws teddy out of the cot.

Did you agree to the exclusivity thing they ask for? If so don't bother. It will land you in more tulip that it is worth. I am speaking from experience here. SOme will get away with it, good on them. I didn't.

If you didn't sign it and they didn't tell you the client and you can live with your morals go for btoh. You could argue you didn't know.

At end of day its up to you.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    That you are already being represented elsewhere for that role.

I get this a lot in my industry as you have many agencies chasing the same roles. I've never had a problem with the agent I politley refused not coming back to me for any other roles.

Leave a comment:

• How to deal when 2 agencies contact about same job?

Hmmm. Think I may have shot myself in the foot here.

Agent A called me about a banking role last night, would I be interested? Its a good rate at circa £300 a day but would mean staying away. We discuss the role and agree to submit me.

Fine and dandy.

This morning, Agent B calls me about the same role, same rate etc would I be interested.

Now, seeing as I'd already agreed with Agent A they would submit me for the role, what should I have told Agent B seeing as its not good practise to double submit?

Working...
X