• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "How to Google for direct work"

Collapse

• lovelybrownelbows
    replied
    oh this one is pretty good too

jobboard.geekup.org

Leave a comment:

• lovelybrownelbows
    replied
    you should try www.noagenciesplease. com

updated quite often but is mainly development jobs. HTH

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied
    Originally posted by memyselfandi View Post
    Don't we all....

I am sure that if we all knew the answer to that one, agencies would go out of business.

Oh, and I/we wouldn't tell you either.. Why give secrets like that away to the competition.
    This!

Leave a comment:

• MPwannadecentincome
    replied
    Write a script that reads the ULRs of every employer who has a website with a jobs or careers section and search that.

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by Oscar View Post
    What I want to do is reach the actual end-company or company running a project. Typically they will put an ad on their own site. Also they probably prefer specific jobsites, but I haven't found out which ones.

Any ideas
    If they have permie opportunities they willl, very rare for contracts - they'll usually put those out to those agents on their PSLs (that's what they're there for after all).

That's the information you really need to find.

Leave a comment:

• memyselfandi
    replied
    Originally posted by Oscar View Post
    What I want to do is reach the actual end-company or company running a project.
    Don't we all....

I am sure that if we all knew the answer to that one, agencies would go out of business.

Oh, and I/we wouldn't tell you either.. Why give secrets like that away to the competition.

Leave a comment:

• Oscar
    started a topic How to Google for direct work

How to Google for direct work

I've been Googleing for direct opportunities. It seems agencies and bodyshops are spamming posts, so for every indirect opportunity there is around 100 posts, and every direct opportunity is drowning.

I try to enter terms like "-client -site:jobser.vom" but there seems to be to many jobcites, agencies and bodyshops.

What I want to do is reach the actual end-company or company running a project. Typically they will put an ad on their own site. Also they probably prefer specific jobsites, but I haven't found out which ones.

Any ideas

Working...
X