• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: RBS hours of work

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "RBS hours of work"

Collapse

• Torran
    replied
    Originally posted by rollonfriday View Post
    project support contractors in RBS in the Gyle?

Cheers
    Nae luck

to answer your question, it will depend who you work for but in general they are pretty flexible.

Leave a comment:

• Support Monkey
    replied
    While your at it why not find out what time the sandwich van turns up and what kind of toilet paper do they have in the s***house

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by lightng View Post
    Interesting question, Rollonfriday, it's one that will surely keep me awake for the next few nights.

I too am going for a contract position at RBS. What I want to know is, do their vend machines sell chunky kit-kats or just the normal ones?
    Yes... but you have to buy 3 to get one free.

Leave a comment:

• lightng
    replied
    Does anyone know the hours of work expected for project support contractors in RBS in the Gyle?

Are they flexible re half 8 starts instead of 9?

Cheers
    Interesting question, Rollonfriday, it's one that will surely keep me awake for the next few nights.

I too am going for a contract position at RBS. What I want to know is, do their vend machines sell chunky kit-kats or just the normal ones?

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    Does anyone know the hours of work expected for project support contractors in RBS in the Gyle?

Cheers
    As other's have said: check with the client.

I will only work for Central London clients if they offer flexible hours. Many banks won't - I turned down BarCap for my current role as they wouldn't budge on 9-5:30. Current client has been OK, though.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
    What a bizarre question.
    That's one way of putting it.

Leave a comment:

• MaryPoppins
    replied

Cheers
    What a bizarre question.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied
    Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Why do people ask such stupid questions on a forum?
    Sad as it may sound, Bbcause they can, and they don't know any better.

Originally posted by BolshieBastard View Post
    Ask the bleedin' client. I always ask at interview how flexible they are. I wouldnt put any weight on what someone on a forum told me about when they last worked with said client.
    Personally, I would be happy to work extra hours if I felt the work justified it.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied

You are providing a service and cannot be tied to their times else may have an issue with IR35. Tell them what you want to work and see what they say, if it doesn't suit you negotiate.

Ok they all like us to be there 9 to 5 with the permies but you don't have to do this and are better to try avoid this expectation.

Go get your own times.

Leave a comment:

• BolshieBastard
    replied

Ask the bleedin' client. I always ask at interview how flexible they are. I wouldnt put any weight on what someone on a forum told me about when they last worked with said client.

Leave a comment:

• pmeswani
    replied

Cheers
    When I did some work in Dundas Street, I started early, and finished early, as long as I did the hours. You may want to ask your Project Leader the question on hours, especially if you are expected to be involved in meetings. You may be expected to work longer hours than what your contract states.

Leave a comment:

• rollonfriday
    started a topic RBS hours of work

RBS hours of work

Cheers

Working...
X