• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: CVs

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "CVs"

Collapse

• nomadd
    replied
    Originally posted by Ruse View Post
    I know exactly how you feel. I had no interest for months and in fact very few roles to apply for and now suddenly have had 2 offers this week
    Boomed! Large Xmas pudding and Brandy are back on the table.

Well done.

Nomadd

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    I know exactly how you feel. I had no interest for months and in fact very few roles to apply for and now suddenly have had 2 offers this week

Keep slogging away at it it'll pay off in the end.
    Well done!

Leave a comment:

• Ruse
    replied
    Originally posted by Fred Bloggs View Post
    The market is/has been truly dire and my CV has elicited zero interest even for jobs that I knew were real and I would normally expect to walk into.

Keep slogging away at it it'll pay off in the end.

Leave a comment:

• Fred Bloggs
    replied
    Originally posted by Soled73 View Post
    How many have you got? and have you overhauled it/them for the recession? Did it pay dividends?
    1 Each one is semi-unique.

2 Yes.

3 No. The market is/has been truly dire and my CV has elicited zero interest even for jobs that I knew were real and I would normally expect to walk into.

Leave a comment:

• nomadd
    replied
    How many have you got? and have you overhauled it/them for the recession? Did it pay dividends?

Yes.

Yes.

Cheers,

Nomadd

Leave a comment:

• Ruse
    replied
    Congrats. Did you get one of them?

I was about to start at Shell but the contracts just been pulled - not sure why. I think it's time to add a bit of "xmas decoration" to my CV
    Thanks. Yes I had an offer but it's still "under negotiation".

Sadly contracts getting pulled is a very commondstory in recent months, but not nice if you were about to start, presumably you hadn't yet signed on the dotted line ?

Leave a comment:

• SuperZ
    replied
    One. I think it`s rubbish and needs some work but it`s got me contracts even during the recession so it remains what I consider rubbish because don`t want to break a currently winning forumula :

I can`t be bothered changing it for each job. If you send in a CV made to measure for the job that might put some recruiters off if it looks too obvious. I prefer them to see all of my experience and they can decide for themselves if they think I could be a fit based on that rather than me taking stuff our only showing them what fits the job spec
    Last edited by SuperZ; 20 November 2009, 12:18.

Leave a comment:

• Soled73
    replied
    2. Yes. Yes, after the last revision I got 5 interviews in 2 weeks.
    Congrats. Did you get one of them?

I was about to start at Shell but the contracts just been pulled - not sure why. I think it's time to add a bit of "xmas decoration" to my CV

Leave a comment:

• Spacecadet
    replied
    How many have you got?
    1 - I can't be arsed managing more than that and I only apply for a fairly narrow (albiet still relatively plentiful) band of jobs

and have you overhauled it/them for the recession?
    It gets a spruce up after every contract

Did it pay dividends?
    AFAIK It's not let me down yet

Leave a comment:

• Ruse
    replied
    2. Yes. Yes, after the last revision I got 5 interviews in 2 weeks.

Leave a comment:

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    2. Yes. No.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    How many have you got?
    Four.

and have you overhauled it/them for the recession?
    Yes.

Did it pay dividends?
    Not yet.

Leave a comment:

• Soled73
    started a topic CVs

CVs

Last edited by Soled73; 19 November 2009, 22:28.

Working...
X