• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Gig going for anyone that wants it"

Collapse

• TheFaQQer
    replied
    Originally posted by singhr View Post
    My advice would not be to help anyone fill the hole you leave behind to maximise the chances of them being in a mess the next time you need a gig.
    That only makes sense if you want to go back there, and find it in a worse state than it is in now.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I was working on the s2000 RI project and not the workflow one.

Though they did ask me back last year, but I didn't have sql...Thankfully
    Workflow stuff seems to be going ok. It's the DM stuff that's heading into grief.

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
    That was the beta version. They are all c**** now. HTH
    I was working on the s2000 RI project and not the workflow one.

Though they did ask me back last year, but I didn't have sql...Thankfully

Leave a comment:

• d000hg
    replied
    Not interested but for those that are, what kind of rate are we talking? So that the agent can't screw someone over (more than they may have been screwing you of course).

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied
    Originally posted by norrahe View Post
    I'm still curious as to who the PM is.

I remember it being a walk in the park and lots of tea making, while going out for long lunches with the other contractors there.

Must have been mucho change in managment since I left.
    That was the beta version. They are all c**** now. HTH

Leave a comment:

• singhr
    replied
    This is a serious request as the pimp is having trouble replacing me.
    My advice would not be to help anyone fill the hole you leave behind to maximise the chances of them being in a mess the next time you need a gig.

PS. This sounds awfully like a gig I was at recently, I wonder if we know each other or maybe all OpenText installations have the same grief

Leave a comment:

• norrahe
    replied
    I'm still curious as to who the PM is.

I remember it being a walk in the park and lots of tea making, while going out for long lunches with the other contractors there.

Must have been mucho change in managment since I left.

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    replied

Experience required.

Good solid OpenText/Hummingbird document management development. Chiefly development of profile and search forms.

SSIS

.Net 2005/2008 (C#)

If anyone is on the bench that is interested, please PM me.

This role comes with a health warning though. They do like to hound you, so unless you can hack pressure, don't even think about it.
    Yes, yes it is. Although to be fair I am not leaving due to stress, I could have done that weeks ago. I toughed that bit out. I am leaving because I just don't want to be here any more. If someone is on the bench that has the skills and can hack the stress / be less of a bully's target that I was should only apply.

I knows my shortcomings.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Originally posted by badger7579 View Post
    Is this the role you have left due to them giving you major stress???

Leave a comment:

• badger7579
    replied
    Is this the role you have left due to them giving you major stress???

Leave a comment:

• suityou01
    started a topic Gig going for anyone that wants it

Gig going for anyone that wants it

Experience required.

Good solid OpenText/Hummingbird document management development. Chiefly development of profile and search forms.

SSIS

.Net 2005/2008 (C#)

If anyone is on the bench that is interested, please PM me.

This role comes with a health warning though. They do like to hound you, so unless you can hack pressure, don't even think about it.

Working...
X