• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Large Police Organisation in London"

Collapse

• TykeMerc
    replied
    Originally posted by KentPhilip View Post
    Wot was so bad about it
    (just curious)
    Not my place to say apart from what could be described as a culture that made made delivery impossible.

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    I helped the met with their enquiries at a very nice rate a few years ago. Spent three months of a year long contract doing very little, because they didn't want to risk losing us as it took about that long to get cleared.

Leave a comment:

• swamp
    replied
    Seems strange they insist on 'SC'.

SC Cleared != Met SC Cleared.

Leave a comment:

• bobsyouruncle
    replied
    Well there are advertising for a load of permie jobs - they are all over jobserve and the like...

Leave a comment:

• KentPhilip
    replied
    Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
    They aren't all vapourware, one of the guys I'm working with is an ex Met contractor and he's had agents screaming at him to return for a couple of weeks.

Thing is he's made it very clear that he wouldn't go back under any circumstances no matter how much they offer as he hated the environment so intensely.

Wot was so bad about it
    (just curious)

Leave a comment:

• TykeMerc
    replied
    They aren't all vapourware, one of the guys I'm working with is an ex Met contractor and he's had agents screaming at him to return for a couple of weeks.

Thing is he's made it very clear that he wouldn't go back under any circumstances no matter how much they offer as he hated the environment so intensely.

Leave a comment:

• moorfield
    replied
    Yes it's NPIA in Hendon, hiring specs have been floating out of there since March/April this year. Maybe a desperate pimp trying to rehash them.

Leave a comment:

• AlfredJPruffock
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    I’m supposed to have the morals of the sewer, but I would never do a gig for them. How could anyone work for an organisation that under the control of nuLieBore is beginning to rival the Starsi.
    Because these organisations need folks like you on the inside so you can blog and expose them - also rates look pretty good too !

PS HAB - Dont worry about the 'B' Word- apart from the recent impacts on Jupiter and Venus from some cosmic debris from 'B' ... theres nothing to worry about.

Leave a comment:

• NastyNick
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    British Transport Police?
    I could put a JDBC layer in their website rather than ODBC...

https://www.btprecruitment.com/searchvacancies.asp

Leave a comment:

• Dante
    replied
    Could be SOCA or CEOP...

Leave a comment:

• ratewhore
    replied
    Originally posted by PinkPoshRat View Post
    Sorry to burst the bubble, but I really don't believe these gigs are real, only speculative ones.
    Well, a colleague of mine has just gone to a very good one, with a rate rise, and another was there until a few weeks ago and turned down a renewal to move onto other things.

So they do exist...

Leave a comment:

• Stolly
    replied
    Reminds me of a call i got once for a role with "a large insurance company based in Norwich"

He got all uppity when i told him it was Norwich Union. Thought another pimp had poached his role.

Clown.

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    I’m supposed to have the morals of the sewer, but I would never do a gig for them. How could anyone work for an organisation that under the control of nuLieBore is beginning to rival the Starsi.

Leave a comment:

• PinkPoshRat
    replied
    Sorry to burst the bubble, but I really don't believe these gigs are real, only speculative ones.

i have had so many calls about these contracts and nothing ever, ever happens after that initial call.

Rates also seem to be completely varied, £170 up to £550 pd for the same role with different agencies.... hmm.... curious?

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    River Police?

MOD Plod?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X