• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Are we being infiltrated ?"

Collapse

• sweetandsour
    replied
    They now seem to have all gone beserk, it is getting worse.

Leave a comment:

• foggo
    replied
    pimps, guv'mint, icts, permies...
    smurfs?

you figure it out, I'm just throwing the acronym out there

myself, kiwi contractor via a few years in Ireland so I count as one of those damn foreigners

I just found this site via google, great resource - especially considering my first contract experience was coming up against a well known retailer and their pet supplier agency who required use of "approved" umbrella company provider who failed to notice I was going to be nailed to the wall (i.e. better off perm). There's more than one way to screw a contractor...

Good to know there is a kind of peer agency here

Leave a comment:

• NotAllThere
    replied
    Originally posted by sweetandsour View Post
    I am inclined to agree. The standard of written English in their questions is worse than many locals'.
    thrs nt enuf txtspk 4 it 2 b icts.

Leave a comment:

• Not So Wise
    replied
    Recently made redundant permie's unable to find another permi job thus looking to go contractor (in their case "Temp") until they do

Leave a comment:

• sweetandsour
    replied
    Originally posted by pzz76077 View Post
    Indian ICT's who wannabe contractors I believe.

PZZ
    I am inclined to agree. The standard of written English in their questions is worse than many locals'.

Leave a comment:

• pzz76077
    replied
    Originally posted by rabiddog View Post
    Call me paranoid, senile, (or anything else you want really) - but having lurked around various threads for a while now there seems to be a growing number of questions being asked i.e. references/employment/contract law/contract obligations/ltd.co admin/financial accounting etc. that any contractor (new or time served) would know the answer to.

Is this just new blood coming in or is it some strange plot hatched by the ever more worried 'agents on a burning tightrope' ?

Flame away

(And No, I'm not on drugs - I wish )
    Indian ICT's who wannabe contractors I believe.

PZZ

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
    Yoo hoo! Chase me
    Is it the hot weather that has made you so, er, frisky?

Leave a comment:

• HairyArsedBloke
    replied
    Ta, at least someone remembered. Mind you that really makes me paranoid, 'cos now I know people are checking me out.
    Yoo hoo! Chase me

Leave a comment:

• rabiddog
    replied
    Originally posted by RichardCranium View Post
    Happy Yesterbirthday.

New blood.
    Ta, at least someone remembered. Mind you that really makes me paranoid, 'cos now I know people are checking me out.

Leave a comment:

• rabiddog
    replied
    Originally posted by Menelaus View Post
    Agents on a burning tightrope = pimps, rather than government agents?

If it's pimps drowning through the lack of gigs well, frankly, they should be suffering like the rest of us, I fear.
    Ahh! Now I'm really paranoid. It's not just the pimps, it's a way for the 'Government' to gather info. for another IR35 trick.

Leave a comment:

• RichardCranium
    replied
    Happy Yesterbirthday.

New blood.

Leave a comment:

• Menelaus
    replied
    Call me paranoid, senile, (or anything else you want really) - but having lurked around various threads for a while now there seems to be a growing number of questions being asked i.e. references/employment/contract law/contract obligations/ltd.co admin/financial accounting etc. that any contractor (new or time served) would know the answer to.

Is this just new blood coming in or is it some strange plot hatched by the ever more worried 'agents on a burning tightrope' ?

Flame away

Agents on a burning tightrope = pimps, rather than government agents?

If it's pimps drowning through the lack of gigs well, frankly, they should be suffering like the rest of us, I fear.

Leave a comment:

• rabiddog
    started a topic Are we being infiltrated ?

Are we being infiltrated ?

Flame away

Working...
X